• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harvey has an attitude

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
I left an open packet of chocolate biscuits on the floor (I'm not used to having house bunnies yet obviously!) in a plastic bag.

Harvey rummaged through, grabbed a whole biscuit and plonked himself on his blanket looking smug.

I took the biscuit off him before he had a chance to eat it.

Harvey glared at me, lifted his tail and peed all over his blanket :shock:

Before he was ill he'd never peed in the house before as he'd wait until he was back outside, since he's been ill he's only ever been in his litter tray.

He blatantly did it on purpose to punish me for taking the biscuit back!!! He looked at me as he did it!!!! Defiant rabbit!!!!!

Bless : )

Yes! I'm sure they do things like this to communicate. The most dramatic one I ever saw was about a year and a half ago when I'd been ill quite a lot and Ada had been in her pen for a few days. I came down to the kitchen to get some food, and she jumped out of it, four feet high, whilst I was facing her. She obviously could have done this any time but I'm quite sure she wanted me to know she wasn't putting up with it any more. Thankfully she was completely unhurt and deftly managed to land on her feet in a narrow gap. Thereafter I let her stay loose in the kitchen all the time and just had to be resigned to any chewing. If she did have to be in the pen, e.g. because of work being done in the house, I put a sheet over the top.

Bless : )

Yes! I'm sure they do things like this to communicate. The most dramatic one I ever saw was about a year and a half ago when I'd been ill quite a lot and Ada had been in her pen for a few days. I came down to the kitchen to get some food, and she jumped out of it, four feet high, whilst I was facing her. She obviously could have done this any time but I'm quite sure she wanted me to know she wasn't putting up with it any more. Thankfully she was completely unhurt and deftly managed to land on her feet in a narrow gap. Thereafter I let her stay loose in the kitchen all the time and just had to be resigned to any chewing. If she did have to be in the pen, e.g. because of work being done in the house, I put a sheet over the top.

They're such clever animals :love: and oh so cheeky!!!!! :lol: To be honest I wasn't even slightly mad at Harvey, more amused, and I'm so glad he's being naughty because it means he's over his bought of stasis!!!!

They can be so naughty - and I just love it when they are! Bobo will often just look at us and wee when we want him back in his hutch and then binkies off madly kicking his wee everywhere - he is so obviously laughing at us the little imp :love:

They can be so naughty - and I just love it when they are! Bobo will often just look at us and wee when we want him back in his hutch and then binkies off madly kicking his wee everywhere - he is so obviously laughing at us the little imp :love:

:lol: I didn't even give Harvey the chance to flick it, he took one step after and I scooped him up and put him in the litter tray, blanket went in the wash, I washed my hands and sat eating the biscuit in front of him :lol: he stood in the meerkat position starring the entire time and then came to check for any crumbs I'd missed :roll:

Lilly flicked wee at me yesterday, I do think it was accident though, Lilly isn't actually a bunny she's a non naughty animal disguised as a bunny :lol: seriously she's so good most of the time, the only naughty thing she does is chew clothing! If she really was a rabbit shed definitely be naughtier!!!!

Back