• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Working in harmony for a better future.

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
That's the heading underneath the Rabbits United title.

In my experience there are significant signs in the improvement of rabbit welfare. Obviously there are and no doubt always will be the negatives, but for now let's focus on the positives.

Some of the signs of improvement that I have seen include;

More people getting in contact with me asking advice and or help with the care of their rabbits.

The rabbits that I get to care for are really being treated as 'one of the family' and not the 'it's just a rabbit' syndrome.

Advice being sought BEFORE people are acquiring rabbits.

This is just some of the positive feedback I have, what's yours?

I don't know if this counts, but I was chatting to my vet this week and he was telling me how happy he was that rabbit research into illness, medication and management was coming on leaps and bounds recently and they're finding out so much more faster than ever before and it was really helping them get the care of and treatment of rabbits much better because they're more understood now :D I thik that's really good!

Seeing other rabbits at the vets coming in to be vaccinated. Talking to people who no longer find the idea of house rabbits as ... eccentric.

My vets see more rabbits than they used to.

Rabbits are getting more attention from those that care about animals and groups/orgs are being set up to help and raise awareness ( such as Action for Rabbits )

Come on folks, please share some of your positive experiences about rabbit welfare.

Such information can always be helpful to people considering acquiring rabbits and to new bunny owners too.:thumb:

I bond for a rescue and I am currently very busy and booked up for the next few weeks. Nice that people are turning to rescues for friends for their existing buns :thumb: A new vet I met last week heard I foster rabbits and wanted to get straight into a debate about my opinion on worming buns etc and said she was very interested in their care. :D

Back