• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet.....- UD- post 22

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Rufus-
81177C3D-C7C2-4498-B48B-B19A0294F388-194-0000012330246901.jpg

And Penny-
CA21C4A3-6BB4-489E-8F05-A57AEF10E703-194-000001234C8E8155.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my, how cute are these two. So glad they found their way to you, I read their story the other day.

the little kitties from the other day? how are they?

They are ok. Rufus has a bad break in his foreleg, but is so tiny we can only wait and see what happens, he will be x-rayed in a month. He was eating really well but has gone off his milk a bit, I suspect he is constipated and a bit colicky. I've been giving him tummy rubs and it seems to move gas for him, he then eats better.
Little Penny is eating really well, but I think she is still incontinent feacally. At this age you need to stimulate them to go to the toilet, yet she seems to be leaking. She has also developed a tremor, which worries me as she also has a head wound, which we didn't worry too much about but I now concerned it has caused some other damage.
We certainly have a battle on our hands.

Oh my:love::love::love:

I am so pleased that they found you and whatever the outcome at least you have tried your best:wave:

The kittens saw the vet today. He is happy with Rufus, he's using the leg, the vet thinks it will be ok, probably shorter than the other but it's not knuckling over which implies there is no neurological damage.
The news is less positive for Penny, although her bottom is looking good, she has started to have tremors, the vet thinks they are central nervous system damage so we have to wait an see how it develops. He's given her more antibiotics and a steroid but she may go on to fit, and if that happens we seriously have to think about her welfare. :cry:

Back