• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aarrrgghhhh!! Bunnies escaped and Hutch has been disposed of...

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
Hello..

came in from work today to discover no bunnies.. I had their hutch connected to my two runs and the shed.. Discovered that the floor of their sleeping quarters of the hutch had shifted and had literally fallen through, the bunnies had managed to scramble out and had a huge adventure... they had been chewing!!,

I hunted high and low, finally discovered them behind the refuse bins... I was terrified... They were terrified as our neighbours were getting new driveway installed and the stihl saw and angle grinder were roaring away...

It took me ages to grab them to put them back into shed and it's safe to say Willow has been traumatised.. She is eating and drinking but has been hiding...

The hutch we had has now been moved and partly dismantled... I can't believe we had this issue and Feel so relieved that there were no cats or foxes prowling,,,,

Phew,,,,,,,,,, !!,

glad they are safe! I remember having the same feeling when the hutch blew over one winters evening and I couldnt find my just widowed rabbit. luckily hse just thought it was brilliant as she had all this grass to eat! and she hadnt moved very far.

OMG! So glad you found them. I hope Willow gets over her scare soon. Lots of vibes for them both xx

Thanks all!!! I dont know about THEM recovering but I only just have!!, :lol:....You know that sinking feeling when you shout for them and they just dont show.... My first reaction was that someone had stolen them.......

Poor wee mites... honestly... I felt soooo sick ... They looked just so tiny and vulnerable.. at least they were together though... It might have been worst if they had been 'lost" seperately..

All seems calm now... NO MORE HUTCHES!!! here was me thinking a nice wee hutch for a hidey hole in addition to their shed.... Well.. no more... they can make do with their shed and runs!!! Spoiled bunnies.....🐰🐰

:lol:.... I did.... Phew.... think we had a narrow escape there....!,!!

Will have to strengthen all the wood in the shed and runs too.... Couple of escapologists here....:D

I have just seen this ...... I am so glad you found them poor little buns you must have been terrified :( hopefully they have had enough Fee tlc to make them forget their trauma :love:

Hello all.... thanks for your thoughts.

Willow appears to have relaxed a good bit and Smudge is no different.. There were a couple of tiny poos but swept out this morning again and its all lovely big poos again,,..

Ali, i know, there are a couple of HUGE foxes that i have seen up the street recently.. I can only think that the fact my neighbours were getting a new driveway meant the noise frightened the fox away...

My friend has asked for the dismantled hutch to use as a hide when she free ranges her buns in her garden. She will put a new base in... Glad its going to a new home.. nope, not for me, never again!,!,
Thy can slum it in their shed!,!,!,!

I have just discovered today whilst weeding, they had been digging behind the bins and there was a wee hole.... Phew.. the other side had slabs so they couldn't have got through but phew..... narrow escape..

Back