• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Should I be worried??

RogerRabbit999

Mama Doe
I know this is going to sound absolutely ridiculous, but Dipsy has suddenly, since yesterday been letting me pick him up and cuddle him for ages, and he has been going to sleep on my shoulder. Yesterday and today as well, when I went to let him and Pippa out of their enclosure, Pippa disappeared at great hops :lol: as per usual and Dipsy always would as well, but both mornings he has chosen to stay inside, but he has eaten his breakfast and hay with his usual enthusiasm, and then just settled himself back down but kept looking at me a lot. After a bit I went in and picked him up like I did yesterday, and very strangely for Dipsy, seemed really happy to be picked up and then settled down for a snooze on my shoulder. I know this sounds absolutely lovely but Dipsy has not ever been in any way a cuddle bunny, and would be far more likely to take your face off, then be cuddled. He is the bunny that was so aggressive, I had a thick piece of board that I needed to use as a shield, to protect me when having to go in their enclosure. I 'clicker trained' him, which helped absolutely loads with his aggression, and he was then promoted to me just needing to be careful around him as he was unpredictable in his attacks, whereas before they were just relentless, and I think my even breathing used to wind him up :shock: He was neutered, fell in love with Pippa and they chose to bond themselves, I did nothing except trail round after them just in case anything happened, but I can honestly say they have been together over 4 months now, and have not had one single disagreement, and at night Pippa often has a tiny footsie round his neck as they sleep. But now, pretty much over night, Dipsy seems to really like me, follows me about, watches round the corner, when I am in the kitchen preparing their fresh stuff, lets me pick him up with no struggles, cuddles and doesn't bite me as he used too. He is laid with Pippa now in their favourite dozing corner (free-range house bunnies, during the day), and both mornings after his cuddle then went off to find Pip. So, does anyone think he might be ill, even though he has no symptoms whatsoever, and that I should take him to the vet, (he has been seen recently, as is a 'special needs' bunny with neurological problems, and is seen 3 monthly just to monitor him) and isn't due his next check up till mid June, but is booked for the 6th already, or is it possible that all my hard work has FINALLY paid off, and he is a 'bad bunny turned good' :lol::lol: Dipsy is a rescue bun and will be one in July. I have had him since September, so a fair few months now. Is it possible that it has taken him this time to learn to trust me, and that he now actually enjoys interacting with me, or am I just deluding myself :roll::roll:

Back