• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bad Bunny! - How did he manage this?

KMazzy

Alpha Buck
I went in to Jaffa this morning to find his hay ball (one of those Savic spinning treat ones) hanging in half! He must have been so rough with it that not only did it come apart but he has managed to snap one of the little plastic bits that holds it together.

WORSE is that I can't find the snapped off bit :(

I looked all through his litter and the bottom of his cage and can only conclude he has swallowed it. Hopefully he will be able to pass it through speedily but as soon as I get home I am going to thoroughly check his whole cage and surround in case I missed it. If there's still no sign of it I guess I'll be checking his poops for a while. Is there anything else I can do apart from making sure he eats and drinks plenty?

So I need a new hayrack. Jaff seems to like the spinny one - he is a picky hay eater and spins the ball until he finds exactly the stalk he wants. I could get another one the same but they're quite expensive.

Does anyone have any recommendations please for other hay racks you can attach to cages or that are freestanding? (I can't attach anything to my walls as they are solid brick and my flat is rented.) For the moment he has to manage with hay in a pile. He did not look impressed.:?

Oh dear:( how big a bit of plastic are we talking? I have no experience re how quickly they can pass plastic etc so hopefully someone can help you with this. Definitely keep an eye on what he is eating and drinking and that he is pooping.

Re the hay rack, I think the hay experts sell a really cool free standing willow basket you can use for hay which they can chew as well http://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/willow-basket.html , I cannot however say how much mess this would make!!

I hope your bunny is ok, I guess if you are really worried and to be on the side of caution a trip to the vets may be worthwhile to just check everything is ok.

Back