• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Milly's foot was bleeding - Been to the vet.

Kerryyyy

Mama Doe
The back of her left foot has dry blood on it. My boyfriend noticed it when we were watching them. I checked her over yesterday and her feet weren't red or anything so I don't know where this has come from. What should I do??

I am phoning the vet first thing for an appointment. It's not stopping her getting around and binkying.

Last edited:
Sounds like it could be a sore hock?
Get the vets to check it over and perhaps change her environment to prevent future ones?

Is she indoor?
I use an old duvet for angel and bailey as they are prone to sore hocks.
And it helps a lot especially with fleece over it xxx

Sounds like it could be a sore hock?
Get the vets to check it over and perhaps change her environment to prevent future ones?

Is she indoor?
I use an old duvet for angel and bailey as they are prone to sore hocks.
And it helps a lot especially with fleece over it xxx

Can they happen at the side of the foot?? It was at the back but to the side of it. She has cleaned the foot now and playing with her ball so it can't be that sore but I am still going to get her checked. Yeah she is indoor, we considered that foam stuff to put on the floor but her and Patchies are bad for chewing everything they shouldn't.

I couldn't get an appointment until Friday. :/. They were packed which isn't like the vets at all.

If it is her hocks bothering her, would both of them not be the same?? And how come it hasn't happened to Patchies??

Sorry missed your reply.
The foot can be sore not only on the 'heel' part but also the toes and the middle as well.
It could be on one foot and not the other yes.
This happens with Angel as she seems to put more weight on one side than the other so as a result she tends to get one that looks sorer than the other.
Can you pick her up and part the fur on her feet to see if it is red and inflammed?
also pop to b&m you can get nice coloured fleeces in there nice and cheap :)

xxxx

eta: in regards to Patchies each bunny is different. Maybe her feet are more sensitive tha his?
what are they housed on?
Capet can be quite abrasive and sore on their wee feets.
Either way hopefully it'll be easy fixed :)

Last edited:
Sorry missed your reply.
The foot can be sore not only on the 'heel' part but also the toes and the middle as well.
It could be on one foot and not the other yes.
This happens with Angel as she seems to put more weight on one side than the other so as a result she tends to get one that looks sorer than the other.
Can you pick her up and part the fur on her feet to see if it is red and inflammed?
also pop to b&m you can get nice coloured fleeces in there nice and cheap :)

xxxx

eta: in regards to Patchies each bunny is different. Maybe her feet are more sensitive tha his?
what are they housed on?
Capet can be quite abrasive and sore on their wee feets.
Either way hopefully it'll be easy fixed :)

She hates being picked up but I have been trying and failing. I am going to phone and see if there is a cancellation for today at all.
They have a crate with a dog pen attached, they have the B&M fleece blankets on both bits.

Just to update for anyone who wants to know Milly's feet are perfect. She has caught her toe nail and broke it so that's where the blood has came from.

Ah poor soul.
I mind this happened with angel, loads of blood.
Keep an eye on the claw as it grows in, it sometimes grows back looking thicker :)
Glad she's ok xx

Back