• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The hard work rescues do

littleboots

Mama Doe
It never ceases to amaze me the hard and dedicated work that rescues and sanctuaries do..

I have 6 rescue buns and just wish I could take more... but I cant :(
My bit is easy..... I just take them on as loving pets...... if I had to do what rescues do day in day out.... I think I would go under :(

So many of our members here that have rescues and sanctuaries work soooo hard..... I take my hat off to you all

Youre all angels x

Totally agree it must be so hard for them picking up the pieces and not being able to help all of them. I have 7 rescue buns and wouldn't change them for the world.

I thought for a long time that I'd quite like to run a rescue one day, after trying to rehome the kittens I have at the moment I have completely changed my mind. It's incredibly hard and I have a new found respect for people who run rescues :love:

I thought for a long time that I'd quite like to run a rescue one day, after trying to rehome the kittens I have at the moment I have completely changed my mind. It's incredibly hard and I have a new found respect for people who run rescues :love:

I know exactly what you mean .... Ive thought that too... but after being involved and seeing some of what the rescues go through.... I dont think Im strong enough..... they have an up hill battle :(
Recently Ive been to BARC.... Angie does a sterling job....one I couldnt do :( I wanted to take everybun home :oops: and believe me..... if i could..... i would :lol::lol:

I completely agree, rescues are amazing. I'd like to be able to do it but don't think I'd have the strength. Keep up the wonderful work you do!

Yes. Rescues are amazing. I have six rabbits and my heart has loads of room for more... It must be great seeing rabbits go off to new homes but oh so hard to let ones go that you feel close to... Without rescues I wouldnt have Mottle and Peaches or Tessie and Daisy. THANKYOU RESCUES :love:

I couldn't do it. I got my wonderful little Simba from a fantastic rescue (Windwhistle Warren). My little Simba has not been so well over the past few months and it breaks my heart to see it - yet rescues must see illness and mistreated bunnies all the time. And even happy endings when a bun goes off to a new home must be awfully difficult to say goodbye. I did think about fostering but I couldn't then give them up. People who run and work in rescues are amazing.

Agreed! I'd love to be able to run a rescue one day. A small one. I must say, I worked in a rescue once and whilst I sat resting my tooties I was generally surprised with the amount of calls and requests they were getting. It must be so stressful for staff when they get calls for animals they can't take on. That part I would hate.

I also worked with the bunnies and I have to say, I fell in love with them all and my bunnies came from where I worked. XD And I love them to bits!

I totally agree having been to quite a few rescues centres over the years, I have a great respect for what they do, it's never ending and it's a job filled with smiles and tears

'Biggie Respect and Thank You ' to all rescues and sanctuaries out there, what would we do without you all :love::love:

:wave::love:
To all rescues.
It must be incredibly emotional.
Having to deal with bunnies that are not wanted,neglected and ill treated.
When mine are free ranging and binkying around in the garden.
I often think about the not so fortunate bunnies and one's in rescues
looking for forever homes.
And think who would care if there were no rescues.

My ''make mine chocalate''sticker looks great on my back windscreen.

Thinking of all rescues and buns in them all the time:love:

Great thread :thumb: I have 11 rescue buns and would love to have my own sanctuary one day and seeing all the work by the various different rescues is so inspiration and heart warming. I for one am glad they exist.

I know exactly what you mean .... Ive thought that too... but after being involved and seeing some of what the rescues go through.... I dont think Im strong enough..... they have an up hill battle :(
Recently Ive been to BARC.... Angie does a sterling job....one I couldnt do :( I wanted to take everybun home :oops: and believe me..... if i could..... i would :lol::lol:

Totally agree all my bunnys are from BARC it's amazing what they do their I try to go on their wish list on amazon and send a few things to help them out :) but I applaud each and every rescue that work so hard with these animals :)

To all the rescues,
I have huge respect for all of you and think you all do the MOST amazing job for the bunnies. You are all so brave as well considering the way some of the rabbits have been treated previously and the condition in which they arrive.
Although... if I was running a rescue I think I would have to keep all the rabbits for myself! :oops:
I shall be doing some fundraising in June with Mrs Bunnykins for Windwhistle Warren to do my bit for the bunnies.
Thanks rescues for putting rabbits first and giving them a new start :love::love:

THANK YOU to all those that support and appreciate the work that we do.

It is hard work that never ceases as there is always animals to check on vet runs to fit in and pay for, phone calls, facebook messages for those of us with rescue pages and emails to deal with. Not to mention the general public :shock: :) :roll:
We never switch off, it would be lovely to have a normal job at times where you finish at a set time and don't have to worry about it until either the next day or after the weekend but it's not like that. :)

There is no sick pay or time off for holidays apart from the odd snatched day here or there. Unless you have a fantastic team behind you which many off us don't.
We have heart break to deal with on a regular basis.

But do you know what we all love what we do :love::love::love: and the fantastic people that take on the animals in our temporary care to give them loving forever homes that they deserve.

So thank you for this lovely thread but all those that have taken on a animal from a rescue with it's faults and quirks also need a pat on the back. Because without you we couldn't do what we do :thumb:

Back