• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Places to get cheap fleece and cuddly accessories?

fizabella

Alpha Buck
Hiya, I have some fleece already, just wondering where I could get some cheap but comfortable fleece for my rabbit in future, as well as some things like cuddle cups maybe? :D

The pound shop, eBay etc. Rabbits don't tend to use cuddle cups as say a guinea pig might. It would be a waste of money as they would either be sat on, chewed or peed on!

The pound shop, eBay etc. Rabbits don't tend to use cuddle cups as say a guinea pig might. It would be a waste of money as they would either be sat on, chewed or peed on!

Oh, I didn't know that, what sorts of things would a rabbit prefer? I'm buying things like apple sticks and willow balls that she can play with, as I heard those are good (and edible) :lol:

What are cuddle cups? :?

web+beds2.jpg

I pick up fleece blankets in sale rails when I see them at a good price as the big nibblers love to make them into fabric confettii then snuggle on the stuff.:roll:

I have to admit I also splashed out this morning on a giant sized piece of gold vet bed as it washes and wears so well and is brilliant for when one of the buns egts sick or injured. Its worth having a piece of real vetbed in the emergency sick rabbit kit.

I pick up fleece blankets in sale rails when I see them at a good price as the big nibblers love to make them into fabric confettii then snuggle on the stuff.:roll:

I have to admit I also splashed out this morning on a giant sized piece of gold vet bed as it washes and wears so well and is brilliant for when one of the buns egts sick or injured. Its worth having a piece of real vetbed in the emergency sick rabbit kit.

Sorry if I sound completely stupid, but what is a vetbed? :oops:

Vetbed is a bit like a fake sheep fleece blanket for pets. It's meant to be very warm and lets moisture run through.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/vetbed/s?ie=UTF8&keywords=vetbed&page=1&rh=i:aps,k:vetbed

Yep, this. You can put it on top of the litter tray so that the urine soaks though and bun stays dry. Useful for incontinent buns or those who struggle with mobility, you can get great big long strips of it to line an area with.

I agree that the pound shop and sale rails are the way to go. I'd also ask on Freecycle as that's the kind of thing people are happy to give away. I just put them in a boil wash with disinfectant.

Edit: Regarding cuddle cups, depending on your bun size a soft dog bed might be useful. It's what I've always used, they're super comfy and often on sale.

Last edited:
Hi guys, picked up 3 fleece blankets from poundland today, quite pleased with that suggestion ^_^ i'm just checking out freecycle and vetbeds now :)

Back