• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Can anyone please help???

Oscarandlola

Young Bun
hi,

I know this is in the wrong area but to post in the 'rabbits in need' area I have to get permission and I haven't got time....

me and my girldfriend are moving house tomorrow and we have had to do this at very short notice. The new landlord says we are not allowed the rabbit though. We have tried for the las week all the pets at homes and the recue centres and they all seem to be full :( . I feel so bad that I am on e of them people trying to make it even fuller. My rabbit is called Tilly and she is a dwarf lop.....but descent size. She is soooooooooooooooooooooooo friendly and loves strokes and cuddles, but just doesn't like being picked up. never bitten or been aggressive and always wants attention! se is litter trained too but not spayed yet (was planning on doing that in june) she is 8 months old.....

Can anyone please help, west Yorkshire area. will donate like £30 to whoever can take her off me to help look after her for a while. im so desperate now, family don't want her,no friends, people just say 'set her free' . like im going to do that!

Thanks guys

What a nightmare for you. Might it be an idea to put her into bunny boarding just to give yourselves time to concentrate on your move and get settled and then look at your bunny situation then. Do you need to rehome her permanently or just temporarily, is she indoors or outdoors?

its going to have to be permanent.

she is an indoor bunny, the one In my picture. just really need some help.....like I say willing to give money to help look after her for abit.

I know RSPCA Macclesfield, where one of my buns came from, and some of the surrounding rescues are crying out for single females and have even got waiting lists for any that may come in. So that sounds promising. I will find the thread for you now. It was only a couple of days ago, because I'm hopeful that someone will be able to help. Give me 10 mins.

Found it!! Page 2 on Rabbit Chat, towards bottom of the page. Title is 'Question for Rescues' started by RSPCA Macclesfield, and yes they do have a waiting list for single female rabbits, a few others have posted on the thread and they are waiting on single females as well. I think this could well be your best bet and will give you peace of mind that she will go to a good home. If I was closer I would have taken her until she could be collected, but I'm too far away. I would pm the people that are wanting females, and see how quickly they could help you. You might be able to arrange a bunny run on here as well to get her to them. Good Luck :thumb:

I hope you don't mind, but I have taken the liberty of emailing Becki who is the Co-Ordinator for my bun. It's just that she works full time as well and may not come on here every day or until later, so I thought if I emailed her on your behalf she will see it almost straight away. I'm sure they will be able to help if they have a waiting list at the moment. Do you think a family member or friend may then help you out just for a couple of days max, until she can be collected? That's a lot less to ask than taking her on full-time isn't it, and would be a bit mean not to help for what might only be 48hrs or something. The phone number for them is 01625 669620. You will probably have to leave a message as it is not staffed 24hrs, but they are very good at picking up their messages daily, and someone would no doubt get back to you later today.

Last edited:
Hopefully RogerRabbit's plan will turn a place up for her. If not I might be able to help as a short term thing, would have to check with my husband though and am very tight on space.

I'm so sorry that you are in this difficult position, but I'm so glad that you are ignoring the advice to set your bunny free. :thumb:

I just want to say, don't panic and do anything rash (along the lines of free ads etc). I am sure something can be sorted, but sometimes it takes a bit of time.

If you are moving tomorrow, are you saying that Tilly has to move on today? Is there no-one local to you who you can trust to hold Tilly for a few days?

Where in West Yorks are you and do you have any transport (for meeting people part-way)? Just so that we know what sort of distances are involved.

I will help with transport if I can, I am in north Notts. However, I would struggle to hold Tilly temporarily at ours as I already have a foster bunny (due to move on soon though) and I will be 'holiday boarding' two other bunnies, so have no spare space to quarantine Tilly away from the other bunnies.

Tracy if she can be got this end i can hold her till a rescue space is sorted if it helps

Can you house her outdoors? This is the ideal time of year to put a rabbit outdoors. This accommodation is great http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sykes-mas...et_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item51aad34cb3, although it'd be best to extend it with another wooden run in the near future. It looks to me like the hutch/run combo is ready to send, but you could always clarify with the people on the end of the phone before you order.

Bunnies are almost always very happy outside. You'll definitely want to go ahead and get her spayed and get her a boyfriend though, as she could become lonely outside if she's alone.

Hi,

I can't take her as I am unable to take an animal from out of branch area, but have called you and left the details of someone who will take her :wave:

Excellent news :D I've just had a message from RSPCA Macclesfield :wave: in response to mine, and they have left a message and details of somebody who will be able to help. So pleased that this gorgeous little bun has got somewhere to go, and will be looked after well :D:D

Back