• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

C&S booked for Thursday :(

LainiT

Warren Scout
Ellie's been pretty ok the last month, but last few days her wheezing has got worse:( The vet cant get her in for her C&S til Thursday so I'm hoping and praying she doesn't go downhill before then.
Will they just give her a v light anaesthetic...how much risk is involved. Scared now she's all wheezy again and kicking myself I didnt get her in before now, but she seemed to be stable and I was going with the vets thoughts that its the scarring making her noisy.

:( poor bunny.

is she off all meds now? she needs to be for at least two weeks before the tests :wave:

try not to worry. it's a good chance to get her fully checked over. :wave:

Hi :wave:

Yep, she finished her antibiotics on 13th April so she was doing really well....or so I thought. C'mon Ellie, just a few more days and hopefully we may know what's happening. All I've been giving her is a pinch of Bisolvon twice a day. Gonna be a long 3 days

Hi :wave:

Yep, she finished her antibiotics on 13th April so she was doing really well....or so I thought. C'mon Ellie, just a few more days and hopefully we may know what's happening. All I've been giving her is a pinch of Bisolvon twice a day. Gonna be a long 3 days

i hope it all goes well for her and you can get some answers. i always worry about any type of sedation or ga, but also a bit more relaxed after they have been checked over aswell.

xxx

I hope so :( she's no worse wheeziness wise at the moment thank goodness, so hoping she's fine for Thursday. X

Back