• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

would this grass be ok?

Should be fine...it's just the same as any other grass seed that is used to create lawns that buns would nom on. Grass seed is really very cheap...branded ones just hike up the price because people think branded stuff must be better. As long as the sow by date is OK, you shouldn't have any problem.

Should be fine...it's just the same as any other grass seed that is used to creat lawns that buns would nom on. Grass seed is really very cheap...branded ones just hike up the price because people think branded stuff must be better. As long as the sow by date is OK, you shouldn't have any problem.

thanks. i always get worried they'll have added something in there that isn't safe.

Should be fine...it's just the same as any other grass seed that is used to create lawns that buns would nom on. Grass seed is really very cheap...branded ones just hike up the price because people think branded stuff must be better. As long as the sow by date is OK, you shouldn't have any problem.

That's me! :lol:

There is always the possibility that chemicals/preservatives etc may have been added to the seed coating to prolong shelf life. But the buns don't nom the seed, just the grass that sprouts. Just make sure you grow the grass well before feeding it. If in trays it will need feeding as the nutrients in compost won't last long, but if you bottom feed (i.e. dunk the pot/tray, in a large tray of organic feed e.g. seeweed/nettle/manure feed for it to soak up) and always water with clean water from the top (fine rose watering can is best) then any residue will be in the soil, not on the leaves of the grass.

Good luck!

There is always the possibility that chemicals/preservatives etc may have been added to the seed coating to prolong shelf life. But the buns don't nom the seed, just the grass that sprouts. Just make sure you grow the grass well before feeding it. If in trays it will need feeding as the nutrients in compost won't last long, but if you bottom feed (i.e. dunk the pot/tray, in a large tray of organic feed e.g. seeweed/nettle/manure feed for it to soak up) and always water with clean water from the top (fine rose watering can is best) then any residue will be in the soil, not on the leaves of the grass.

Good luck!

thank you :D:wave:

I got tymothy/rye grass seeds off Rabbit Nutrition and its just coming through in my barrow :thumb:

got this grass and it didn't say on the website that it contains creeping red fescue aswell. is this ok? :wave:

Back