• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do people with rabbits in their bedrooms sleep?!

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
Seriously?! :shock:

Lilly's night since 4am has consisted of
Loudest hay munching ever
Tearing newspaper up
Binkying
Running as fast as she can from one end of the room to another
More binkies
More running
Even more binkies and running (etc...)
Jumping on and off mummy
Knocking bins over
Trying to move furniture

She's been having a party all by herself in the living room, whilst Harvey and I grumpily look on! I do wish Harvey was being just as loud though it would mean he was feeling better :(

ETA At 730, after 3 and a half hours of continuous play and mischief she has flopped asleep and is purring :love: little does she know we're off to the vets in 10-15 mins :oops:

Last edited:
You get used to it. :lol:
It's actually quite a soothing sound now.
We usually get both up for visits during the middle of the night. I woke up the other day to a bramble sat on my chest sniffing my face :lol:

We usually get both up for visits during the middle of the night. I woke up the other day to a bramble sat on my chest sniffing my face :lol:

:lol:

I think I would have jumped and scared the poor rabbit!!! It was cute being able to hear the sound of binkies but not see them! I think she really enjoyed her change of scenery, unfortunately she only gets to spend the night in when one of them is poorly so she's going to have to put up with her aviary!

She was very friendly last night, if I walk up to her 50% of the time she runs off from me, the other 50% of the time she only stays because I have food or she expects a groom :roll: last night I'd just go sit with her, no food or noserubs, and she wouldn't run off, she was happy to be cuddled and kissed too :shock:

Humphrey sounds like he's unusually quiet, but he is is a pen type thing at night in my room. He tends to be sleeping when I go to bed. Occassionally get woken up at 5:00am when he decides he wants to be let out though!

Huh I'm not the only one.
I sleep very well with Crissy in the room. Actually I have more hard time falling asleep when she's not there. The munching sound makes me sleepy and calm, cause like this I don't feel alone in the room anymore. She makes a lot of noise but since I sleep like a log not so much can awake me. However sometimes when I'm off for a trip and she's with my friends they complain a lot. They call her "My midnight nightmare" :)

Huh I'm not the only one.
I sleep very well with Crissy in the room. Actually I have more hard time falling asleep when she's not there. The munching sound makes me sleepy and calm, cause like this I don't feel alone in the room anymore. She makes a lot of noise but since I sleep like a log not so much can awake me. However sometimes when I'm off for a trip and she's with my friends they complain a lot. They call her "My midnight nightmare" :)

Now you mention this I remember when I had hamsters in my room I slept fine with them :p and when they were gone I felt so scared because all the house creaks I'd always assumed were the hamster were still there and freaked me out :lol:

I don't hear Spenser until about 6am, when he becomes very busy. Sometimes I wake up with him landing on top of me. He tends to do a lot of rearranging through the night. Last night I was too lazy to put away a pile of ironed clothes, and he seems to have found this very stimulating. :roll::lol:

Humphrey sounds like he's unusually quiet, but he is is a pen type thing at night in my room. He tends to be sleeping when I go to bed. Occassionally get woken up at 5:00am when he decides he wants to be let out though!

Awh how well behaved :D

Lilly might just be super loud, I've just checked her in to the vets with Harvey and I feel horrifically guilty that I didn't give them a warning :lol: she's going to shake the bars for hours!!!!!!

I don't hear Spenser until about 6am, when he becomes very busy. Sometimes I wake up with him landing on top of me. He tends to do a lot of rearranging through the night. Last night I was too lazy to put away a pile of ironed clothes, and he seems to have found this very stimulating. :roll::lol:

Maybe if I had indoor rabbits I'd be a bit more tidy :lol: although everything would be convered in hay!

I'm going to have to do it again tonight.... Two sleepless nights....

Although at the moment Lilly is laying down and tooth purring, I could definitely drift off to sleep to that noise :love:

I really don't understand why she's so happy, nothing has happened to make her purr? Maybe she's just found a super comfy spot of carpet :lol:

I sleep quite deeply :oops: There also isn't much they can get up to mischief with as most things are out of the way.

Mr B is as good as gold. He goes under the built in wardrobes under a big gap at the back at about 10 or 11 pm, then doesn't come out until between 6 or 7 am. Only occasionally does he make a racket under the wardrobe but I go back to sleep.

I feed them as I get in to bed, they eat and then they sleep and then they wake up for fresh hay, then sleep again. They nap on and off pretty much all night because they've worn themselves out eating!

Seriously?! :shock:

Lilly's night since 4am has consisted of
Loudest hay munching ever
Tearing newspaper up
Binkying
Running as fast as she can from one end of the room to another
More binkies
More running
Even more binkies and running (etc...)
Jumping on and off mummy
Knocking bins over
Trying to move furniture

She's been having a party all by herself in the living room, whilst Harvey and I grumpily look on! I do wish Harvey was being just as loud though it would mean he was feeling better :(

ETA At 730, after 3 and a half hours of continuous play and mischief she has flopped asleep and is purring :love: little does she know we're off to the vets in 10-15 mins :oops:

You start off really wishing they where never in your room, then putting anything over your head while ur asleep to block out the noise. the first 2 weeks are the worse cause u hardly get any sleep unless u do what i did and buy some ear plugs doesnt complety block out the noise but it helps. when i got scooter all he did was dig and chew on his bars. i eventually just got use to it all though i do still wake when there is an unfamiliar sound or if scooter is up to something he shouldnt be doing like eating the carpet. its no wonder hes got a poorly tummy at the moment :roll:

Now you mention this I remember when I had hamsters in my room I slept fine with them :p and when they were gone I felt so scared because all the house creaks I'd always assumed were the hamster were still there and freaked me out :lol:

don't get me started on hamsters.... My one is so noisey at one point it kept me awake for 2 weeks, and it was downstas in the living room! lol she now has a cage she cannot chew, and although she has plenty of room, and plenty of chews and things to do she spends her whole time trying to find ways out of the cage. x

I could never sleep with a pet in my bedroom. When Bruce was attempting to gnaw through his cage every night a few months ago, I kept waking up, and that was downstairs in the room under the bedroom!

I could never sleep with a pet in my bedroom. When Bruce was attempting to gnaw through his cage every night a few months ago, I kept waking up, and that was downstairs in the room under the bedroom!

I have 7 in my bedroom!

Mr B is as good as gold. He goes under the built in wardrobes under a big gap at the back at about 10 or 11 pm, then doesn't come out until between 6 or 7 am. Only occasionally does he make a racket under the wardrobe but I go back to sleep.

i wish i could do that with scooter but hes not that well behaved. id probably have him biting my toes or trying to eat my carpet lol the corners of my room have no corners :evil:

i love listening to them as i fall asleep. :love: they're pretty quiet until about 5am and then bisc goes hyper. so o/h tells me anyway! i sleep so deeply right near them and o/h is upstairs and he wakes up. :lol:

Back