• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pairing Male Baby rabbits

TPvsHP

Young Bun
Hi guys , some of you may remember me as I posted asking for help as my two does where pregnant well out of the seven surviving bunnies three are male and as i am sending them to new homes in pairs i need to find a companion for my little male skit. I have seen on a help website that you can pair males that were not from the same littler together up until 10weeks old without any problems.
Is this true?
If so do any of you have any advice on how would be best to do this as I dont want him left on his own?

Kind Regards
JC

The best option would be to get him neutered and send him to live with a currently single girl. Male rabbits can be introduced as babies <10 weeks but they'll need neutering within 6 weeks of that because the odds are high they'll start fighting once their hormones kick in. Even males that are siblings will start fighting so make sure if you do pair two or more of the males up with each other the new owner is very clear they must get them neutered asap.

Back