• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My very first bunnies nearly 15 years ago. Plus Sunshine and Nancy.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
My first bunnies as an adult. They were called Sooty and Sweep but my son called them Girl Bunny and Boy Bunny, they were the Barn Yard Bunnies, something else my son made up. They were brother and sister.

Oooops cannot believe I let them eat birdseed. :oops:

BB had a taste for our fence. We always used to say, look at that crazy look in his eye. He was also a great escape artist too, but always got him back. One night he had to spend the night in a neighbours shed as he refused to come out and it was so full of junk you couldn't open the door, so we had to lock him in.

Sunshine is in my signature and sadly I lost him in September 2011, with his is Nancy who I also sadly lost in February 2011. Cutie-pie was Sunshines last companion. I don't even remember taking this photo and guess it was taken in 2010.

They all seem to have had a mischievous look about them !!

Those shoes in the last photo are just asking to be chewed. Mr Bennet would see that was accomplished in no time :lol:

They are lovely buns :love::love: It is strange when you come across old photos and don't remember taking them...I've done that too!

Thanks. All I know it that its at the same house but we were there 10 years. They spent 2 or 3 years indoors but they were outdoor bunnies by the time I took these photos, so it would have been early to mid 2000's.

They all seem to have had a mischievous look about them !!

Those shoes in the last photo are just asking to be chewed. Mr Bennet would see that was accomplished in no time :lol:

Awww Nancy and Sunshine were good inside not destructive. Boy Bunny on the other hand was a devil. :lol: I will never forget when they lived in my sons room and they were out running, Andrew was playing his ninetindo 64 and BB ran around the room and simply bit the control cord and kept on running. :lol: It had to be replaced.

Don't ask about the enormous hole I found under the wardrobe. :shock:

it's lovely that you have lots of old photos, my mum had had so many guinea pigs over the years and we wished we'd taken photos of them all to put into a lovely scrap book to remember them all by

Lovely photos :D I have been going through my old photographs (before digital cameras) too, I've been scanning them so I have digital copies now. My first bunnies were two black sisters. Its nice to look back and see how different things were and how much I have learned and how the rabbit care has improved. I know I wasn't the worst owner but there has always been room for improvement.

Lovely photos :D I have been going through my old photographs (before digital cameras) too, I've been scanning them so I have digital copies now. My first bunnies were two black sisters. Its nice to look back and see how different things were and how much I have learned and how the rabbit care has improved. I know I wasn't the worst owner but there has always been room for improvement.

I have learnt so much too. One thing I noticed in some old photos is very little hay. I know I used to buy hay but I also know it wasn't a major part of their diet. I realise my vet knew very little about rabbits too. I can't believe what I used to fed them. A whole bag of carrots in one go. :shock: I have another photo somewhere of Sunshine and Girl Bunny with the biggest bowl of muesli.

I had an Elgu for about a year as well, thinking it was the best accommodation available. I thought I was doing my best for them at the time.

My bunnies now have much better accommodation and diet but that is because of what I have learnt. I have regrets but I did love them all the same.

Back