• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Brunhilda. Our beautiful cat we had for 17.5 years.

Gorgeous! :love:

You've got quite a thing for black animals, haven't you! ;)

Thank you everyone. :love:

How did you guess :lol: People always used to say, how come all of your animals are black ? I have had 6 black bunnies, including my childhood bunny but only one ginger bunny and one white/grey bunny. Actually I didn't choose my first two black buns, they were the first ones offered to me as no-one wanted to rehome them and they had been there since they were babies for 6 months.

All my animals were black until I got the chinchillas. You can get black chins but they are rare.

I had a black cat, Milly, who lived until she was about 16 (pretty incredible considering that as a teeny kitten she had been driven around in a car engine for 3 days) and Bobby is my second black rabbit. I love black cats and rabbits, but I know they aren't popular.

Black cats (and buns and dogs) rock! Simple as. ;)
My stepmom was superstitious about black animals, especially cats, and I wasn't allowed any. When she passed away I brought home my first black cat, her name was Peepiceek, and she looked a lot like Brunhilda. She lived to be around 17 also but acquired vaccine related sarcoma and had to be helped across the Bridge in April of 99.
After I moved out on my own I had at least three black cats, one was my OH's cat Dracula. (Yes, he drew blood the first day he got him, so was named appropriately. :lol: ) He was a Persian cross though and lots of long, fluffy hair on that one. Oh said he was the best dog he ever had...as he would chase neighborhood dogs and trap them under cars. :roll:
We currently have one black American shorthair female who is about 14 years old, we got her the December after Peep passed. She's starting to have health problems so I expect she will leave us before long. But she's still quite the character and keeps me on my toes. ;)
Our semi-feral Kitty and my daughter's dog (looks like a Corgi/border collie cross) are both black and white in many of the same places...they look like a set of bookends. :lol:

I enjoyed your post about your previous bunnies too, BYB...meant to post on their thread as well. :)

Back