• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

And here I thought I was getting somewhere...

Automaton539

Warren Scout
There I was giving bigfoot a bunny massage, or starting to at least. She starts chittering away then *BAM* she bites me. I was so shocked that I gave her a gentle push to get her down off the sofa, she jumps up there all the time, not a big jump, just so she didn't do it again. I thought chittering meant they liked what you were doing. :-(

Oops maybe a whisker was brushed the wrong way?
I know angel will be all tooth purry then if I crush a whisker the wrong way shell let me know haha!

Yea, I mean she tried to get away a few times and I stopped her, how will she het used to being petted/massaged if I let her run after just a few seconds, but when she started chittering I thought I'd managed it. :-( Oh well, try again tomorrow. :)

Don't try to keep her if she wants to move away.
How else will she learn to trust you and come to you of her own accord if she feels trapped when she wants to hop away.
I lie down on the ground with a good book and let my buns hop all over me as and when they wish to get used to me.
Also I only stroke their head when they pop over for fusses, playing with their ears also and giving an indian head massage almost :)

Get some nice herbs so she associates you with nice nommy things mmmm :)
xxx
PS any pictures of your furry baby??? :p

Don't try to keep her if she wants to move away.
How else will she learn to trust you and come to you of her own accord if she feels trapped when she wants to hop away.
I lie down on the ground with a good book and let my buns hop all over me as and when they wish to get used to me.
Also I only stroke their head when they pop over for fusses, playing with their ears also and giving an indian head massage almost :)

Get some nice herbs so she associates you with nice nommy things mmmm :)
xxx
PS any pictures of your furry baby??? :p

:thumb:

I think you answered your own question, if she had tried to get away and you had stopped her then biting you is the next step. Everything must be done on the rabbits terms (bar medical stuff but we can adapt that to suit each rabbit) and not on yours :) Imogen has been with me almost 2 years (I think) I still can't pick her up without a struggle so only do so when needed, still can't stroke her unless she comes up to me and I don't force it, she's come a very long way had I tried to force the situation I think she'd be worse now than she is :thumb:

think of it like this, if you hugged a friend in greeting and then pulled away but found your friend was gripping you and wouldn't let you go you'd get pretty annoyed, and eventually you'd snap and shout at them or even hit them. It's just the same :)

Thanks. And hey, here's a small part of my collection for those who have asked

http://s1342.photobucket.com/user/Automaton539/library/

Sorry it took so long.

Edit;
Just for the record though, they'll happily climb all over me when I'm on the floor with them, eat out the palm of my hand at food time or sit in my lap to eat out of the bowl. But if I make any move towards touching them myself they'll usually back away.

Last edited:
Thanks. And hey, here's a small part of my collection for those who have asked

http://s1342.photobucket.com/user/Automaton539/library/

Sorry it took so long.

Edit;
Just for the record though, they'll happily climb all over me when I'm on the floor with them, eat out the palm of my hand at food time or sit in my lap to eat out of the bowl. But if I make any move towards touching them myself they'll usually back away.

with time they'll probably let you touch them :) sounds like you're getting on really well with them :)

Always heed a rabbits warning. If they try to remove themselves from a situation and can't, their next form of saying "No" can be painful!

Back