• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My chins when they were young and Baby Nylon when she was born.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
Have spent the day going through old photos. Some of the photos are nearly 10 years old. Little Nylon was born in October 2004. I found out you can handle their young, unlike baby bunnies and she is only a few days old. Please excuse the hutch, it was changed a year after I got them when I met a chinchilla expert who kitted out a huge parrot aviary for us.

Babydarling was 4 months old when we got him. Not sure when I took this.

Kat was 6 months old.

Babydarling the daddy with baby Nylon

Mum and baby

Baby Nylon a few days old. Already walking and climbing at such a young age.

Nylon a few months later

aw :love:

Was little Nylon bred from you then? :wave:

No. We got Babydarling and Kat as two females rescue chins in September 2003. A year later Nylon was born and it was such a shock. I was yelling there is a mouse or a rat in the hutch with the chinchillas. :oops:

I had to work out who was mum and who was dad, then got him neutered. We had to find a chinchilla savvy vet that could do it as our vets said he did know how to neutered a chinchilla. Thankfully Kat was such a bad tempered mother and made poor Babydarling sit in a far corner of the hutch for about a month so didn't get pregnant again, as they usually mate within 24 hours, just like bunnies.

Thank God Kat was such a grumpster :lol: Nylon is such an amazing name. Must have been great having her since birth. :love:

Back