• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Concerned about one of my bonded males

foxy2279

Alpha Buck
I have a pair of bonded neutured males and a neutured M/F pair.

I recently started putting my M/F out during the day as they will be moving out full time soon. Buster the submissive of the boy pair has taken to sitting at the side of the run looking longing at them.

He is spending less and less time with Brownie. They are getting more and more seperated as the days go on. Buster has changed from not being able to be handled to loving cuddles and spending time with me. The thing is i tried to bond the boys with my female Belle but Buster was the one that attacked her so got Bramble as a partner for her.

I'm so confused as to what to do here as Buster seems unhappy with Brownie. They have moments when they snuggle up but not as much as they used to. So wish he could talk so he could tell me what he wants.

Hmm, I think as long as they don't seem to be acting aggressively towards each other, I'd be happy to leave them be. Bonds are funny at this time of year because of Spring Fever, he may just be interested in watching the other two. I think male bonds tend to be tricky but if they are still snuggling, I wouldn't say there's much of a problem.

Has he had a vet check recently? It could be that he is feeling unwell or in a bit of pain. My boy, Fiver, tends to sit away from his bonded partner when he is feeling poorly or his teeth are bothering him. Might be worth ruling this out. x

Back