• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Otis & Wilbur

elainema

Warren Scout
So... I have unfortunately been ill this week and not at work. On Thursday I woke up and made my call to work to let them know that I wouldn't be going in and while I was up I fed and watered my two boys and attached their run to their house as I always do in the morning. Then feeling very sorry for myself I went back to bed where I had spent most of the week. I woke up at around 1pm and decided that there must be some location, location, location or escape to the country on tv by now so I would take my duvet downstairs and continue my self pity on the sofa.

I happened to wander into the spare bedroom and look out of the window over the garden just in time to see a flash of brown and white binkying down the garden and disappearing under the small gap under the fence into next doors garden. "Otis!!" I exclaimed, and in a blind panic, threw on some clothes and ran downstairs to the back door as next doors garden has been known to resemble a scrapyard. Not really safe for little paws and normally blocked off when they have their 'free' time out.

As I went out I noticed that Wilbur was sat calmly in his litter tray munching on some hay. Very odd. Of my two buns Otis is the brave bolshy one but Wilbur is definitely the brains of the outfit and if anyone would have found their way out then in my opinion it would have been him. Anyway I heaped praise on Wilbur whilst rummaging in the storage box for the treat jar to tempt Otis back to the right side of the fence. This was successful and Otis happily trotted back into the run tempted by a fenugreek crunchie. After some investigation it appeared that they had managed to drag the run away from the hutch despite the fact that I had placed a brick outside the run to stop this very act (incidentally the very brick that usually blocks the way into the garden next door!).

As I was sorting the run back out I noticed that there were patches of oil dotted around the floor and couldn't figure out where it had come from. I couldn't see anything on Otis so I cleaned it up and went about refilling the hay box in the run. At this point Wilbur came out to have a nosy and as he turned away from me there it was..... his back leg was black!! :shock:

And so ensued a half hour 'game' of chasing Wilbur round the garden so I could clean him up :lol: I knew he had to have something to do with the great escape!

Needless to say the run is now attached to the house with hooks so it can't be dragged away again and the hole has now been blocked permanently just to be on the safe side! They never cease to amaze me with their mischievousness but I wouldn't have them any other way :love: xxx

Little Monkeys!! :shock::shock:

I do love the Power of the Fenugreek Crunchie though. :lol::lol:

BIT more entertaining than Location Location Location too! :thumb:

Hope you're feeling better.

:wave:

Back