• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fox watch

katie88

Mama Doe
Does anyone have any experience with fox watch-type fox deterrents? Any particular brand anyone can recommend?

I was just getting ready for bed and heard marbles thumping away outside. She's a bit of a thumper anyway so didn't take much notice but when she didn't stop I had a quick shine of the torch and saw a fox sitting at the end of the garden. He wasn't showing any interest in the buns at that point but I presume she detected his scent. She has been thumping a lot lately so I'm not wondering if the fox has been a regular visitor.

I am confident that the hutches and runs are as secure as they can be - double meshed with galvanised wire, roofs reinforced with extra wood, bolts on the doors and then covered with tarpaulin secured with bricks at night. But nonetheless I am very anxious about the presence of a fox and worried as well about marbles just giving herself a heart attack as she's an anxious bun as it is.

I'd feel an extra piece of mind with a fox deterrent but they are quite expensive and would quite like some recommendations before I buy one?

Thanks RU

Foxwatch Ultrasonic Fox Deterrent is the only one I know of that a friend has and it does appear to work. At the moment they are on special offer at £43.94 so not too expensive and certainly worth buying I would imagine. Could you not bring her in at night until you get one as you know there is one about?

Foxwatch Ultrasonic Fox Deterrent is the only one I know of that a friend has and it does appear to work. At the moment they are on special offer at £43.94 so not too expensive and certainly worth buying I would imagine. Could you not bring her in at night until you get one as you know there is one about?

I have six of these (large garden) and yes they DO work for me - and have always worked. Make sure you keep the battery fresh and the lens clean - they can be sent back for relacement parts and servicing.

I've just bought one of these - there are some at £25 on eBay at the moment that are seconds with a couple of scratches etc on but work fine :thumb:

We have the same Foxwatch. We got it after a fox came in the garden one night and jumped on top of the run - the buns were in the shed and were fine. Never seen any since, when we got it there was snow on the ground and there were no new footprints while the snow was there.

Back