• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Barnaby? U/D 17 might be serious Refusing food again.

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
:cry::cry:
3rd poorly rabbit :cry:

He's got abdominal pain. At first he was just refusing food but looked quite bright. Now he's doing the typical stretching laying down thing. I've moved him indoors to keep a closer eye on him as I'd never have got a good guide outdoors. I did think I saw him backing into the litter tray but see no wet patch so I am wondering if he's having urinary problems. He's only young though so less likely ??

Anyhow, vets shortly if he doesn't pass a lot of gas and suddenly look happy again.

Last edited:
Oh no...((((hugs))))) really not something you need to have to contend with right now. :(
Sending feel better vibes and prayers with all possible speed ((((((((Barnabubs)))))))))) xxxx

Thanks for the vibes, Barnaby and myself appreciate them.

On arrival his blood glucose was 14.7 but there was no other evidence of anything untoward, abdomen possibly a little distended but nothing too scary.

The vet just phoned to say the x-ray showed no evidence of blockage and the glucose level has gone down to (I forget exactly) but around 9 (?) a much more normal level anyway. So hopefully nothing more than a bellyache.

His teeth aren't great though, he hasn't exactly got spurs but from the description I'll need to watch his eating.

Well that sounds like semi-good news at least. More healing vibes on the way (((((((((vibes))))))))))
I wonder if it was just a gassy episode then? I notice my bunnies would do better after the car ride and then be practically symptomless at the vet, leading them to draw interesting conclusions about me, I am sure. (sometimes I think my vet believes I have a version of Munchausen's directed at my animals because I am proactive in getting them medical help):roll:
I hope he will be feeling better soon. xxxx

Thanks for the good wishes.

Barnaby trashed his cage last night, shredded newspaper and threw his dish about :roll: Somebody was feeling better.

In theory he could have come hope but Erin's still staying there, really hope she's ready to come home tomorrow, and I've not had more than 3 hours sleep consistently for a few nights now so felt it better I rested and didn't do the drive yet again this week. So he's stayed there... in my own personal wing of the rabbit accommodation :?

It's looking like it's dental now as he's not consistently eating.

He's not had any dental problems before and with being my uppy eared "proper" rabbit how shocked am I that he turns out to be the one with molar spurs. .. well on the consultation they were deemed not spurs but getting there, maybe there's something further back in his mouth that needs a GA to see.

I hope P@H will pay for this, thought there will still be the excess and the actual dental, I guess.

:(:(

Well the news this afternoon is that Frances thinks he does have something going on and she 'doesn't have a good feeling about it". I've misted over the actual words as I do in these cases but there's a thickening/adhesions/mass something wrong. The x-ray doesn't show it clearly enough. He's eaten overnight and it could be one of these intermittant things where he has a bout of not being too great every now and again. How he is over the next 24 hours will determine what she does next. The absolute best way of finding out what's wrong, the only way to be sure is opening him up. If he isn't well and we go this route she thinks there's a possibility of having a look and depending o what she finds possibly not bringing him round again :( That's the worst case scenario of course. He might be back home tomorrow and have years of good quality time. But when FHB says "I don't have a good feeling about this."... then I don't have a good feeling about it either.

Poor Barnabubs... He's not even 2 years old yet and a "proper" rabbit, are all the ones with health problems destined to come to me?

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear the latest update does not bring better news :cry:

I really hope that whatever is wrong it can be managed and that he can feel OK within himself.

I am sorry to hear the latest update does not bring better news :cry:

I really hope that whatever is wrong it can be managed and that he can feel OK within himself.

Thanks Jane.

The more I think of it the more I think he's been a bit out of sorts for a week or two. It didn't add up to anything as he came begging for food etc.

oh no poor Barnabus. He is lucky to be with you and to get the help he needs. I hope it's something fixable.

Back