• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with long-term boarding of rabbit?

Pooky1992

New Kit
Hey all, this is my first post and I hope I put it in the right space, still a bit lost :lol:

I have a very cute, little pet rabbit named Pooky, 6 years old and he is very dear to me! I used to live in Germany before I came to England to study here and I just could not let go of him, so I transported him all the way from germany to here, the journey has been long but I was so happy to be reunited with him! :love:

Now I only have a little problem between July and September...for my study I have to go to a fieldschool and I don't have any chance of letting him stay at my family here ( they have two greyhound dogs, both who have raced to catch rabbits...so that option isn't there :? ) and most of my friends also go to the same field school now so I would have to board him somewhere for a longer time! Now most boarding/ animal shelters that you can normally leave your animals with are simply so expensive...and I rather have him anyway in a family that could take care of him in that time than bring him into a shelter! Since I am gone for a bit more than two months I would of course provide for everything he needs and also of all the vet bills should it be needed that come up, I would just love to have someone take care of him, best near Liverpool else I also transport him wherever someone would perhaps offer help!

Is there perhaps anyone who could help, I'd be glad for everything :D

Hello

I am afraid I cant help but I am just bumping this thread up so it does not fall of the front page so-to-speak :)

Bumping this up, I live in Scotland so a bit far, but hopefully someone will be able to help out :)

If not and if I had space then I could sort something

I might be able to help but I'm in Sheffield so you may well be able to find someone closer! Let me know if you're struggling though.

Thank you already for all the replies and keeping the post up! :thumb: I just got the news today of being absent so long for field school and was absolutely horrified, I would have found something (and perhaps afford) also something for a short time period but that left me now only with the choice of long-chance boarding since I also can't comeback inbetween :(

So really hoping to find a caring place that I can leave him at for something I can afford (the perks of being a student) so crossing my fingers :D And thanks already to natsusakura, RogerRabbit999 and Jolysium for offering help :D , though Scotland is a bit far away I'd also be willing to bring him to Sheffield or the midlands, if it would be a good home for him!

Hi there :wave: I could also help out with long-term boarding, and we're in the West Midlands, within very easy reach of the M5. We often have long-term residents (the longest so far being a guinea pig staying 4 months last Summer), and we normally negotiate a discount for long bookings. If you're interested, our website is www.vipiggies.co.uk

Tracey

Hi there :wave: I could also help out with long-term boarding, and we're in the West Midlands, within very easy reach of the M5. We often have long-term residents (the longest so far being a guinea pig staying 4 months last Summer), and we normally negotiate a discount for long bookings. If you're interested, our website is www.vipiggies.co.uk

Tracey

Hello Tracey, just pm'd you now :wave:

Hi, I have just asked some friend on FB if they know of anywhere around here so will let you know of any suggestions - 1 so far you could try:

Bobtails Bunny Boarding in Chester

http://www.bobbytailsbunnyboarding.co.uk/

ETA: Someone just come back to me who is taking some of hers there tomorrow and she said she would ask about long term for you.

Update

Hi Anna,
I'm so pleased to know that you've managed to find someone known to you who is able to look after Pookie for you.:thumb: I'm sure you'll feel more relaxed about leaving him with a family friend.:D. Good luck with the field study.
H

Back