• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to teach bowl bunnies to drink from a bottle?

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
Is it possible? I have just renovated the bunnies area and they have gone from one of the P&H bases with puppy pen attached to an area that is completely built with puppy panels. Now that there isn't a place for the water bowl I am worried that they will just knock it over. I think water bottles would be the better idea.....

zooplus do a bottle with a bowl on the bottom which I'd highly recommend. Just like using a bowl as far as the rabbits are concerned. :thumb:

Is it possible? I have just renovated the bunnies area and they have gone from one of the P&H bases with puppy pen attached to an area that is completely built with puppy panels. Now that there isn't a place for the water bowl I am worried that they will just knock it over. I think water bottles would be the better idea.....

If you give them something dry to eat (Hay and pellets nothing fresh), when they've finished put the bottle against their mouths, squeeze it so the tiniest bit and hopefully they'll want a drink and lick the water off of the spout which should make more come out

I've never actually tried this but it could work :lol:

Hello Milosmummy haven't seen you for ages.

Mr Bennett refuses to use a bottle and has had a bowl for over a year. I use one of our own bowls from our dinner set and he has never knocked it over. I give the other two a great big measuring jug, as they tend to drink a lot and they have never knocked it over. Occasionally Bandit would put his paw into a regular bowl, but now I give them a measuring jug, he doesn't do that.

Back