• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question for Rescues.

RSPCA Macclesfield

Warren Scout
Has anyone else noticed a drastic shortage in single females in rescue/to come into rescue at the moment? :? It is spanning a large area surrounding us, Just wondered if anyone else was finding the same. We have homes waiting on females coming in!

no we have single females and have had one handed in this week..although we do have more interest in females than males at the moment

no we have single females and have had one handed in this week..although we do have more interest in females than males at the moment

Feast or Famine, so it seems. Have contacted everywhere vaguely surrounding our area to network females into us or to pass on the people who want to rehome, and everyone is saying the same - that they are as desperate as we are for ladies!

Has anyone else noticed a drastic shortage in single females in rescue/to come into rescue at the moment? :? It is spanning a large area surrounding us, Just wondered if anyone else was finding the same. We have homes waiting on females coming in!

Not a rescue, just a fosterer, but yes we have no single females at the moment, and everyone wants one!

I really struggled finding a single female recently to bond with my bereaved male, I had to travel an hour away! There don't seem to be many about.

Not a rescue but have been asked to take 2 females not neutered living together they are about 2 years old from a work colleague.

we have a couple of single females in at the moment, and are expecting another 3 in next week.

That said we have alot more males, and have been asked to take mainly males as well

Last edited:
Got a few at Rabbit Residence, plus 4 litters of babies so more soon! Single boys are more common though it seems. If only people would come to rescues FIRST to adopt pairs!

The rescue I work at has WAY more males than females, always seem to as well. Guinea pigs too, we have a female piggy waiting list :shock:

I have had a distinct lack of singles ladies for the last two years or thereabouts. Currently however I do have 4 looking for homes and one who has just gone home with her husbun.

It does seem to go in cycles

Back