• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Obedient rabbits!!

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
Rabbits are so clever and obedient (when they want to be.....) my two were sat munching hay this morning and I said "breakfast" and they both ran and sat by their food bowls :D they do this most mornings and evenings in response to the words breakfast and dinner so they obviously understand those words :D

I'm thinking it would be possible to train my two to do some things, I have some time over summer so it'd be some nice physical and mental stimulation for them (and for me :lol:), so what have people on here trained their bunnies to do? And how? What tricks are the best (for bunnies and me!) and what are the most useful?

Same with my two! The are very greedy :oops::D I have taught both my buns to stand up with a signal, and i also taught one of my buns to spin, but i am not sure if her remembers this! I taught with a clicker and treats :D Its great fun, hope it goes well;)

Same with my two! The are very greedy :oops::D I have taught both my buns to stand up with a signal, and i also taught one of my buns to spin, but i am not sure if her remembers this! I taught with a clicker and treats :D Its great fun, hope it goes well;)

I think I might google clicker training and work out how to do it! I, sure anything involving treats will work with my two, they certainly think with their tummies :lol:

I did start to clicker train my Eli to do things (beg, spin, etc) but it sent him a bit loopy. He was so desperate for food he used to just start cycling through all the commands I'd taught him. It took months of not doing any for him to stop :oops::lol:

The only "command" mine know is that when I whistle they should go back to the shed, which by and large they do stick to.

I did start to clicker train my Eli to do things (beg, spin, etc) but it sent him a bit loopy. He was so desperate for food he used to just start cycling through all the commands I'd taught him. It took months of not doing any for him to stop :oops::lol:

The only "command" mine know is that when I whistle they should go back to the shed, which by and large they do stick to.

Oh dear! I hope my two don't get confused, they do get very overexcited about food already though.... I'll just take it slowly and hopefully they'll get the hang of it!

The whistling one sounds useful! Mine don't free range in the garden because I need to bunny proof it! That's another job this summer! Maybe then I can teach them to go back to their aviary on demand! :thumb: luckily with indoor free ranging I just pick them up and take them back out so no need to train there as they're good with being picked up (well most of the time!)

I think I might google clicker training and work out how to do it! I, sure anything involving treats will work with my two, they certainly think with their tummies :lol:

:lol::lol: If it wasn't for the treats, nothing would have been done!

I've just started taking Sheldon to jump.. with the aid of food After just two sessions, as soon as I bring out the jump he immediatly jumps over it, turns around and jumps again and comes sraight away for his treat:love: But the down side of being a clever bunny... he is a very naughty bunny too:love:

Fiver knows his name, he will come when called (if there's nothing more interesting about) and he knows "Don't you dare!!" and "No". Both my buns will come running when I shout "Baaabies!!" Xena knows her name..she just chooses to ignore me most of the time. :roll: I thought about teaching them "tricks" or even "show jumping" :lol: But I don't have the time and he is SO obsessed with food, I think he'd get overexcited and not learn anything. :lol:

Back