• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wouldn't it be great if.... (Rabbits on TV)

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
...a documentary could be made featuring the plight of rabbits. Covering everything from the correct care of domestic rabbits, rescues, sanctuaries and the army of volunteers who help these poor dear animals.

Well,.....I've just sent an e-mail to a small film company who came and interviewed me last year.

You never know we might be able to get a prime time slot!!!! Rescue dogs and cats get plenty of media coverage, let's try for the rabbits.:thumb:

Now, if this does have 'legs', would you as fellow RU members, rescues and sanctuaries be willing to share knowledge, experiences..........?

Last edited:
I'm not a rescue or a sanctuary but being a relatively new rabbit owner (just over 1 year), I would be willing to write down my experiences so far and my preconceptions I had before the buns and how they have changed! Maybe all the RU's buns could be famous?! :D

This is early days, it started with the idea and then e-mailed it to film company.

Let's hope that something BIG could come of this.

Toyah and I were filmed last year with my buns, Estelle and Frankie and Willy Fred who belongs to Toyah, so the film company already know that I am serious about bunnies and their welfare.:thumb:

This is early days, it started with the idea and then e-mailed it to film company.

Let's hope that something BIG could come of this.

Toyah and I were filmed last year with my buns, Estelle and Frankie and Willy Fred who belongs to Toyah, so the film company already know that I am serious about bunnies and their welfare.:thumb:

If this goes anywhere could I please be involved with it in some way? I've wanted to do something like this for a long time, but I didn't have the connections. :)

If this goes anywhere could I please be involved with it in some way? I've wanted to do something like this for a long time, but I didn't have the connections. :)

Certainly.:thumb:

As the saying goes..."from small acorns mighty oaks grow."

This sounds really interesting. It would be so WONDERFUL to have tv coverage of rabbits.

it would be fantastic if this could raise awareness about rabbits' needs. There are probably thousands of buns out there in not great conditions, whose owners genuinely think they are doing the right thing. Also, any time I have been asked for advice on buying a pet rabbit, I've suggested rescue and people have been really surprised that there is such a thing :(

I've had no reply to my e-mail..........yet.:(:(

But Toyah is back home for a few days so perhaps I might contact her as she knows more about this film company.:thumb:

Fingers crossed.

I'd love to get involved, but as Hoppy Bunny touched on, I doubt young people would be taken as seriously as the rabbit veterans :lol: :(

I'd love to get involved, but as Hoppy Bunny touched on, I doubt young people would be taken as seriously as the rabbit veterans :lol: :(

I disagree, as I feel sure that young people would listen to other young people......not old folk like me. Don't underestimate yourself. Keep fingers crossed that something can be done...tv wise.:thumb:

Back