• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

had to order timothy and rye

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
after my last bale that was 'off', i have been putting off ordering anymore, but bisc and matt are missing it so i've ordered some more.

fingers crossed it's ok this time.

Did HayforPets replace the 'off' bag?

in the past they have sent a replacement bag but this time i said i would be happy with a refund aswell so they sent that instead. :wave:

matts very grumpy without his timothy and rye. :lol:

in the past they have sent a replacement bag but this time i said i would be happy with a refund aswell so they sent that instead. :wave:

matts very grumpy without his timothy and rye. :lol:

My two would be very grumpy without T & R!

I'm glad you didn't end up out of pocket - HayforPets are very helpful aren't they.

My two would be very grumpy without T & R!

I'm glad you didn't end up out of pocket - HayforPets are very helpful aren't they.

they're so lovely that i feel bad complaining! :oops: i don't want them to think i'm taking the mick, because i have had a few dodgy bags. but they always send a replacement.

matts been trashing the place, no doubt looking for some. bisc likes the soft hay and they have been having some deans farm hays aswell, but it doesn't seem to compare to matts precious timothy and rye! :lol:

I've just had a big bag delievered last week and it's okay.
Must be a fresher cut as it has some really green bits in and smells lovely. My boys love it.

bit annoyed because i ordered it last week, and was hoping it would come today or tomorrow, but instead i got an email basically saying they don't think it's a good idea to send it because i might not be happy with it basically. said the other one was checked before sending and shouldn't have smelled stale. but it really did :( hate being made out to be over the top and a liar. :(

they were polite on the email and said the could sent ings or meadow instead, but i ordered a small bag of timothy and rye to try again and then if it wasn't right i was just going to throw it and not order for a while. i wasn't even going to ask for a replacement or refund because i didn't want them to feel like i was taking the mick, but i think they think so anyway. :(

they also said they haven't had any other people email about it but some of you on here have said you have been sent replacement bags when yours wasn't right so i know i'm not the only one.

was really hoping it would come soon aswell because bisc and matt aren't too happy because they're just on soft hay at the moment, and now i know it hasn't even been sent yet so will be even longer to wait now. :(

it's just made me feel a bit like :( i know a stale smell when i smell it. have bought this hay for years now and have only ever had two timothy and ryes i think that haven't smelled as they normally do.

Well I ordered t&rye and ings on Saturday, hoping it comes this week..! I'll let you know how it is :)

Did you get the email today? Bit off if you ordered it a week ago. I'd be rather annoyed too!
I haven't had any 'dispatched' emails since last year now so have to take a wild guess! You can't help it if the carriers are a bit poo! I had a bad bag of meadow hay once, not their fault but yodel delivered it and left it in a puddle :? So the bottom was damp..

Ooh that IS annoying. I'd be peeved if I got an email like that.

they were really polite, offering a refund or a different hay, but i can't help feeling like i am being called over the top. :(

Well I ordered t&rye and ings on Saturday, hoping it comes this week..! I'll let you know how it is :)

Did you get the email today? Bit off if you ordered it a week ago. I'd be rather annoyed too!
I haven't had any 'dispatched' emails since last year now so have to take a wild guess! You can't help it if the carriers are a bit poo! I had a bad bag of meadow hay once, not their fault but yodel delivered it and left it in a puddle :? So the bottom was damp..

thanks. i emailed back asking them to send it anyway because the buns are really desperate for it, so thought i'd give it another try.

i wonder if it is the couriers because hay4pets say it's fine when they sent it. :? we used to have problems with the couriers that sent the dfh because they would throw it about, on the floor in the rain etc. they didn't care at all. loads of times it was open or soaking wet. :roll:

thanks. i emailed back asking them to send it anyway because the buns are really desperate for it, so thought i'd give it another try.

i wonder if it is the couriers because hay4pets say it's fine when they sent it. :? we used to have problems with the couriers that sent the dfh because they would throw it about, on the floor in the rain etc. they didn't care at all. loads of times it was open or soaking wet. :roll:

I've had probably 4 wet/soggy bags and several that were rather misshapen! Looked like they had been chucked about and put between/under very heavy things! A few of the outer bags had popped. If it's City Link I have no problems, they're usually quick and bags are in good condition. If it's yodel.. I don't hold out much hope!

I've had probably 4 wet/soggy bags and several that were rather misshapen! Looked like they had been chucked about and put between/under very heavy things! A few of the outer bags had popped. If it's City Link I have no problems, they're usually quick and bags are in good condition. If it's yodel.. I don't hold out much hope!

was this from hay4pets or dfh? dfh seem to have improved their service alot from a few years back. they send updates and tracking now and the couriers seem better. just a shame the hay isn't a particular favourite of my lot. :roll:

I've started getting this for my bunnys aswell as the H4P and other hay I buy but they seem to like this aswell

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230934205109?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

thank, i think i'll give this a try. :wave:

was this from hay4pets or dfh? dfh seem to have improved their service alot from a few years back. they send updates and tracking now and the couriers seem better. just a shame the hay isn't a particular favourite of my lot. :roll:

Hay for pets, never used dfh before :) I like how they double bag it, I would have lost a lot of hay/money if it wasn't the way yodel handle them!

deans farm meadow hay and the timothy hay is really good at the minute. i've run out of the timothy aswell though now so bisc and matt are not impressed at the minute and even though they loved it, they didn't eat as much of it as they do timothy and rye. :(

Back