• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Crunchie put weight on YEYE!!!

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
Over the winter I was SO worried about him, he is 7yrs, and I honestly thought he was going to die, you could see all his spine and it was awful!

he dropped to under 1kg despite eating more than my other rabbits!

I swapped his food from adult to senior and hes now back up to 1.8g:thumb:

321459_10201121921188792_1292300951_n.jpg

Oh fab, congratulations! It can be so hard to keep weight on ill or older buns. I'd be careful though because unexplained weightloss could be as a result of an underlying problem.

Looks like he's enjoying his strawberry there! :lol:

What did the vet say when you took him about his weight loss? Glad he's put it on again, but I'd be very worried!

What did the vet say when you took him about his weight loss? Glad he's put it on again, but I'd be very worried!

He hasn't been to the vet, he was finein himself just lost weight over winter, i think beause I needed to swap his food!

wow thats a huge difference in weight, glad he is doing much better, id monitor his weight weekly if you can, and if it starts to drop maybe worth getting a vet to check him out

wow thats a huge difference in weight, glad he is doing much better, id monitor his weight weekly if you can, and if it starts to drop maybe worth getting a vet to check him out

yhh will weigh him often, it also doen't hl that he has NEVER eaten hay! every and i've had him since he was 18months, I've tried every type of hay under the sun but nope he won't eat it, he happily sleeps on it tho, and he loves grass and tree branches but will not touch hay:roll:

yhh will weigh him often, it also doen't hl that he has NEVER eaten hay! every and i've had him since he was 18months, I've tried every type of hay under the sun but nope he won't eat it, he happily sleeps on it tho, and he loves grass and tree branches but will not touch hay:roll:

gosh mine are hay mad and would eat you out of house and home :lol:

Back