• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just a little story...

So we have finally rabbit proofed the garden. So she is out all day and lets herself back into hutch at night, every time I go out to check on her or put washing out etc she comes bounding over and runs circles around my feet. We leave the back door open so more often than not she comes inside the house into the living room.

Cat has started venturing outside now the weather has been nice, she's normally an indoor cat -0 about the same size as our rabbit. They were outside together together snuggling each other :)

Poppy (rabbit) often goes into the dog area (fenced off part of garden for puppy) and chases the pup around (labrador) who doesn't know quite what to make of it.

No point to this story but she does make me smile, keeps binking around the garden.

I was actually out there today and she came over did her usual running around your feet thing, I bent down to stroke her and she rolled right over onto her back.

I just love her :) That is all lol!

Sounds like you have a happy bunny there.

Whilst it sounds idilic I would never let mine free range in the garden without constant supervision, it's too easy for a fox to get them.

Didn't even think of foxes... Haven't seen a single one in the 7 years I've been here.

But that doesn't mean to say they aren't about... Hmm.. I do have those stopper things attached to the tops of my fences to stop cats getting in, would they be fox proof?

Sounds lovely! I wish you'd got some pictures. Maybe next time you can stalk them with a camera?

My bunnies have been running round the garden binkying today too as we actually got a bit of sunshine... the cats joined in at one point, there was a 4 way 'chase' going on with the cats doing their version of binkies- saucer eyes and jumping across all the garden furniture- and the bunnies doing their little kicks and flicking their ears constantly :love: so cute!

I don't know how people survive without pets, they make me so happy :love:

Sorry to be the voice of doom but I can't vouch for the fence strips, I wouldn't risk it. I know we have foxes, didn't used to but when some local land was built on they relocated. We have high fences, wide hedges, a 7ft wall surrounding our garden, neighbour has used those strips and other measures to keep foxes and cats out but to no avail.

Back