• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need a good fleece

tunnelwell

Young Bun
Something that's thick, chew resistant if possible, and perhaps allows drainage or dries fast. I bought the ProFleece Ultimate ribbed (to allow drainage when placed inside Cabrio pet carrier) fleece but my rabbit doesn't like its fluffiness. He wants something more silky.

Is this for the carrier? If so, I just use a bit of carpet and cover it with hay.

Yes it's for the carrier, the one with sink holes in the sides so would benefit from a fast drying fleece that allows drainage. And the ProFleece that's suppose to dry fast doesn't really absorb the urine. Some of the urine ends up stuck on the fluff, drying a lot slower than towels that absorb better. Maybe a micro-fibre towel is more suitable? Carpet doesn't seem comfortable enough.

It's only for a trip to the vets though, it's a carpet square I got from the samples carpet shops sell. I cover it with hay so it's softer but they aren't bothered.

I have no idea what these towels and things are :lol:

I use fleece for my piggy, who is slightly incontinent. I use cheap fleece throws from Asda. You'd just need to cut it to size, if it's for a carrier. It has to be washed and dried 2 or 3 times, with no fabric conditioner, in order to wick the liquid.

Back