• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long to wait before holding a new bunny?

Bunnie

Warren Scout
i am getting a bunny in 61 days and i want to know, once i have brought her home how long should i give her to settle into her new enviroment before I introduce my self?

i am getting a bunny in 61 days and i want to know, once i have brought her home how long should i give her to settle into her new enviroment before I introduce my self?

Are you a bit excited? :lol:

Moving homes is very stressful for rabbits, especially babies (I assume it's a baby you're getting) and rabbits deal really badly with stress so definitely the first day or two leave her to settle and get used to her surroundings, and make sure she has somewhere to hide (like a tunnel or a closed off bedroom area in the hutch) if she gets scared. After that I'd see how she reacts to being stroked and picked up, if she seems nervous take it really slow

It depends on the bunny, Oreo was very affectionate and would snuggle up and lick you within the first day of having him, but I still never really pick Vienna up unless it's absolutely necessary.

Back