• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do bunnies like sand baths?

Bunnie

Warren Scout
when I had hamsters they had sand baths/boxes of sand and they liked to roll around in the sand and it was so cute do bunnies like sand boxes/baths

No, bunnies don't need sand baths. Sand could get in their eyes. Try soil or shredded paper.

Surely they would dig in sandy areas in the wild? I agree that earth is fine. My indoor lot have shredded paper to dig in but will be giving them a large earth filled dig box once they go outside.

Bunnie I love the way hamsters roll around in sand. Wish rabbits did like to do that!!! Mind you they do plenty of cute things fortunately :love:

Last edited:
Bunnies like rolling around in soil. However I would be a bit more cautious with sand. I have 3 chinchillas and when they have a sand bath it makes my indoor bunny sneeze, so I personally think that the sand is too fine for rabbits. Chinchillas automatically shut their nostrils tight when they are having a sand bath but I am not sure rabbits can.

Back