• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

how to apply fly guard???

liv862

Warren Scout
hey bunny fans,

just bought a spray bottle of fly guard by beaphar to apply 2 my buns (kno its a bit late but ther house buns nd its only just started getting warm so i left it) just wanted to check how to apply it cos it says on the bottle to start at the middle of the back nd do up untill the tip of the tail but i thought these things had to go underneath the bun around the genital/inbetween leg region rather than on the rump???

advice please!!!!
thanks, liv xxx

hey bunny fans,

just bought a spray bottle of fly guard by beaphar to apply 2 my buns (kno its a bit late but ther house buns nd its only just started getting warm so i left it) just wanted to check how to apply it cos it says on the bottle to start at the middle of the back nd do up untill the tip of the tail but i thought these things had to go underneath the bun around the genital/inbetween leg region rather than on the rump???

advice please!!!!
thanks, liv xxx

I don't use it routinely.

When I had a sick bunny who was in danger because he couldn't clean himself properly, I used Rearguard from the vet - and yes, I applied from the middle of the back, certainly not underneath or on the genital area/between the legs (I wouldn't use anything in these areas).

I would follow the instructions (if you really feel you need to use it).

Definitely follow the instructions, as you are meant to avoid sensitive areas. If your bunny is not overweight, does not have dental or mobility problems and has a healthy diet of hay wit no excess cecals then you shouldn't be in danger of fly strike :thumb:

Definitely follow the instructions, as you are meant to avoid sensitive areas. If your bunny is not overweight, does not have dental or mobility problems and has a healthy diet of hay wit no excess cecals then you shouldn't be in danger of fly strike :thumb:

:thumb:

If your bunny is not overweight, does not have dental or mobility problems and has a healthy diet of hay wit no excess cecals then you shouldn't be in danger of fly strike :thumb:

really? i thought it was like a must-do thing like vaccinations? my buns are perfectly healthy (touch wood!) they usually snap up any soft poops before i even see them :thumb: shud i not bother then? i have seen one or two flies in their rooms tho thats y i bought the stuff in the first place :S totally confused now lol!!!

and yeah must hav been a different product i used last time, im trying to remember bak to my childhood bun and tbh i could well hav stuffed up bak then i was only about 12!!! will be good and follow the instructions on packet this time :)

theres 2 different ones know of rear guard and fly free, the fly free i think is beaphar product? the fly free one, you just spray their bottom end 3 times a week if i remember rightly

Back