• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long since after a spay can I consider bonding with a male?

It depends on how quickly the wound heals and how well she is in herself, I suppose as long as the male is already neutered and has been for at least 6 weeks + so he is no longer hormonal, then I guess 2 weeks recovery for her will be just fine.

I do know that some rescues pair up recently spayed females just 4-5 days after their spays. But It just depends really on how hormonal the female is really.

Im sure others can advise if I get anything wrong or missed something out :wave:

Last edited:
I would wait 6-8 weeks for the internal healing for the female, a lot of damage can be done if you try too soon and it is a very big operation for a female bunny

Yeah :) This is going to be my first pair so I'm ridiculously nervous haha.

The rabbit in your signature is absolutely beautiful by the way :love:

Agree. So is your rabbit. I remember you posted about a cabin bed in your room so she could have more space. Going to do that too :wave:

Waiting until the wound has healed should be sufficient.

And with bucks only wait until the swelling is down as the easiest time to bond is while he still only has one thing on his mind -unless the doe is unneutered of course, then you need to wait a month to avoid a pregnancy.

Back