• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy rabbit??

Delta

Warren Scout
Last week I got Delta a new cage. Her other one was big but not very high so she couldn't stand and periscope. This cage is as big as the old one but higher and it has a shelf she can sit under or on top of it.
It seems like since we've had it she stays in her cage all the time. She has full run of the living room when we're home and normally she won't go in her cage unless bribed :roll:
Now she's in her cage under the shelf. She's not hiding and is flopped out under there.
Do I take it she's just happy with her cage? x

Flopped out sounds relaxed. My Snowflake (who is a bit of a softie) loves to sit under the shelving unit in his room - he flops out for most of the day. She probably feels cosy there.

Hi Delta, my rabbit has started doing this recently as well! I just came on here to ask for advice.

We've had Nibbles for around 9 months and he prefers his indoor large cage to the outdoor hutch. He used to run out as soon as we opened his cage door for him, but the past week I open his cage door and he just carries on hopping around his cage and flopping down and hardly comes out now!

Im guessing he just really loves his cage? :)

Ahh bless him.
I hope that's the case as she seems to be spending all day in there now. I think alot of it is that she still doesn't trust me after her spay because she will come straight out to my partner. She's eating drinking pooing and peeing so not worried it's health related but she just doesn't seem like the same little bun anymore :(

If it's the day time then she probably won't be very active, they're awake when we are usually asleep, dawn and dusk.

What size is the cage? When I used to shut Poppy in the 48 inch dog crate she was very lazy in the day when she was out all day, then generally lazy at night because she didn't have a lot of space. I solved it by attaching a puppy pen, is that something you can do? No cage is big enough for a rabbit to be shut in, especially overnight when they wake up.

Back