• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Licking things

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
Why do they do it exactly?

I'm not talking about grooming humans or other buns, but licking objects.

For example, Bella has a favourite corner in her room. It's where her litter tray is. Quite often I'll go downstairs to find her sat there licking the wall. Sometimes she only does this a few times, sometimes she literally does it for ages.

Boris used to lick furniture etc. when he free ranged in the living room.

I can understand that a rug might be nice to "groom" as they're nice and soft, but why furniture? Why walls? :lol: Does anyone else's bun do this?

I have no idea but I always assumed it must be to do with texture, I thought it might be comforting. Or maybe your wall tastes of something nice! :lol: I've had several buns who licked jeans on and off the body which I'd put money on being a 'this feels nice' thing.

Dylan likes to lick the floor.. I've also caught him licking the window before :roll:

Like everyone else I have absolutely no idea why! Must just be a little quirk :lol:

Back