• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hopper Haven Bunnies - bunny 018 Maverick

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
Meet Maverick, an agouti lion head buck who came to HH when roughly a year old from the old woman who kept many rabbits in bird cages.

He had escaped from his cage and got in with another buck and had a nasty fight that left him with an infected bite wound on his hindquarters :(

His first month at HH was spent having this treated which did nothing to improve his already low opinion of humans.

Even now Maverick would prefer to have nothing to do with people. He is extremely shy and panics when he is picked up.

Life at the sanctuary suits him perfectly. He shares a large hutch in a large enclosure with Octavia, a relative of his, and only occasionally gets handled and then only for a health check, vaccination or grooming.

Mav is still searching for a sponsor...

He's lovely, I'm pretty sure that's the same place Vienna came from. They are probably related :lol:

Yes they are. Only the strange mix that woman had in her dreadful little cages could produce a rex lionhead!! I put V's in all their names after her.

I hope she is well. Mav is probably her uncle, or even her Dad.

That is probably the best pic I've seen of Mav. He is very elusive.

Thanks for posting it, and the others, for us Donna:)

Holly and Alvin are well but not impressed by all the rain. I've decided to leave the covers on the hutches with the tall fronts this year so the bedding doesn't get as soaked as last year, so at least they have nice cosy bed.

It is an absolute pleasure to introduce all your beautiful bunnies to RU :love:

As for Alvin and Holly any excuse for a grump them pair :lol:

Back