• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Danny UD New Pics p17

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
Following this thread: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?387901-Plea-for-Help&highlight=plea

Danny is one of the 28 buns taken in from one house by Pawz For Thought in Sunderland. He's very thin and scared, and has bald patches and bite wounds from where he was attacked by the other male buns.

He's going for a check up with the vet this afternoon, and he'll be neutered and vaccinated before adoption. He's eating and pooping well, and looks quite relaxed when he doesn't know I'm watching him.

He's a beautiful boy who will hopefully learn to trust humans in time.

Last edited:
I think he has been bitten a good few times by the other male he lived with don't you Helen
and I think that and the life he has been leading which I doubt was great hasn't helped.

He is a very sad and scared boy but also a very handsome one as he has a gorgeous face.

Hoping everything goes well for him at the Vet's fingers and paws crossed here for him xxxxx

I think he has been bitten a good few times by the other male he lived with don't you Helen
and I think that and the life he has been leading which I doubt was great hasn't helped.

He is a very sad and scared boy but also a very handsome one as he has a gorgeous face.

Hoping everything goes well for him at the Vet's fingers and paws crossed here for him xxxxx

It looks like months of bullying by another bun :( Hopefully he's only thin because he wasn't getting enough food or the other bun was eating it all and keeping him away from it.

I think when his coat grows back he's going to be a stunner! He has such a sweet face :love:

Hope all the babies are doing well xx

Danny's had his check up and is doing well :) Nothing nasty found, so he's had a vaccination and will be neutered in a couple of weeks when he's settled in and has gained a bit of weight. He doesn't like to be touched, but he's a lot more confident around me already, and he was fine with the vet.

When Cassie is rehomed, I'd like to bring him in to the indoor pen, so he can spend a bit more time around people.

Danny's had his check up and is doing well :) Nothing nasty found, so he's had a vaccination and will be neutered in a couple of weeks when he's settled in and has gained a bit of weight. He doesn't like to be touched, but he's a lot more confident around me already, and he was fine with the vet.

When Cassie is rehomed, I'd like to bring him in to the indoor pen, so he can spend a bit more time around people.

Mike and I are so pleased to read this in fact I'm crying as I'm just so happy that Danny hasn't anything sinister. I know he only spent one night here with us but watching him
shake so made me feel so sad for him and we very nearly kept him but I can't keep every bun I see (unfortunately).

The babies ( The mini bun gang) :lol: are just wonderful to watch and thriving, we have started them on a little dish with a tiny amount of Burgess junior and they love it. Last night we made a little play pen for them and they ran around and did a few hops on the spot and then they were so sleepy when they went back in their indoor cage they snuggled in to a little bunny pile, they are just adorable and amazing :love::love:

He's the image of Marley when I rescued him, patchy and bites all over :(

Good job he's safe now! :love:

:love:.. he is a wee stunner... Hope you get a forever home soon, gorgeous , gorgeous boy..

Fee xxxx

Bless him. Hope he finds a lovely home with gentle rabbit company when he is ready :love:

Thanks guys :)

Danny has stopped shaking and is already much more confident. He'll take treats out of my hand now :D

Mike and I are so pleased to read this in fact I'm crying as I'm just so happy that Danny hasn't anything sinister. I know he only spent one night here with us but watching him
shake so made me feel so sad for him and we very nearly kept him but I can't keep every bun I see (unfortunately).

The babies ( The mini bun gang) :lol: are just wonderful to watch and thriving, we have started them on a little dish with a tiny amount of Burgess junior and they love it. Last night we made a little play pen for them and they ran around and did a few hops on the spot and then they were so sleepy when they went back in their indoor cage they snuggled in to a little bunny pile, they are just adorable and amazing :love::love:

Awwwww! You're going to get nothing done for the next few weeks! :lol: Who needs TV when you've got babies to watch! :love:

He's going great, thanks :D I can get a few nose rubs and strokes before he hops away. He's a lovely bouncy boy, full of beans and interested in everything. He's eating his hay well and has nice healthy poops :D I think he's going to have a beautiful mane when his fur grows back. I love his little face :love:

Hope the babies are doing just as well xx

He's going great, thanks :D I can get a few nose rubs and strokes before he hops away. He's a lovely bouncy boy, full of beans and interested in everything. He's eating his hay well and has nice healthy poops :D I think he's going to have a beautiful mane when his fur grows back. I love his little face :love:

Hope the babies are doing just as well xx

Oh that is great to hear Bless his heart, I think he will turn out to be a gorgeous looking bunny as he has the most handsome face and I hope he finds a wonderful home as he certainly deserves it.

The babies 'the mini bun gang' are doing really well and they are so funny, Mike is after buying a shed and keeping all 8 of them but I said we may have to fundraise to pay for all the neuter/spays and vaccinations. This is why we are failed fosterers we just can't let go :roll:

OMG! :D

I can see by how much more relaxed he is by his body shape and his coat look's better and he just look's soooooooooooooooo different, Oh I'm so happy to see him like this as he was such a sad and pathetic sight his whole body shaking with fear.

Thank you so much Helen , it's good to see such a good update it's made me smile :D

Give him a nose rub from us xxx

Aww Danny :love::love::love::love::love:

He look's so much better, more relaxed and he really is a handsome bunny and I do wonder if he
could be Daddy to some of our foster babies from Pawz as some of the black ones have a look of Danny
and they all have like a grey chest and are really unsual.
We were told that the babies were lionheads but we don't think they are.

It's great to see him looking so good :thumb:

He reminds me of my treasured (and neutered) childhood rabbit. He was black and called Daniel! Danny looks really sweet natured and very lovely. So glad to see him improving :love:

Back