• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Absolutely Gutted.

MissSherwood89

Mama Doe
We really thought we'd cracked it this time, how wrong we were. The bunnies have started fighting again, so much that Olly now has a bleeding lip. We've admitted defeat. We've tried so, so hard for this to work but it's just not happening, especially with so many changes going on recently it's just getting far too stressful for both us and bunnies, we're both physically and emotionally exhausted.

I've asked for Olly to return to BARC. It's not fair. :cry::cry::cry:

Oh no I am so sorry to hear that :( there will be another bun out there hopefully.

I guess it is like humans not all of us get on, some of us are a bit different you know? I really hope you work something out because you sound so exhausted bless you.

Sending you lots of lucky vibes x

Thank you.

Michael's sister isn't helping either, she has this idea that we're "throwing him away for fun" and that because Mylo was the one who bit him then she should be the one to go.

I don't even know what to say to that. :cry:

What are people like! Why on earth would you give your rabbit away that you had first? Imagine if you had a child but then you adopted another child and they hated each other and your child was upset. You wouldn't give your child away would you? You would try and work out the differences and if that didn't work sadly you would have to give the adopted child back. Weird.example I know but oddly that is what came to mind!

You did your best that's all you can do so forget what anyone else says or thinks!

When we went to get a friend for Jasmine loads of people kept saying what are you doing she is fine on her own. I just ignored them :)

Really sorry to hear that. Very hard decision... Hope you find another lovely bun for your little princess and that Olly finds a great new home. You must be feeling sad about losing him, but you are right to put the rabbits first. :wave:

Its a hellish decision to return to Rescue, i know that feeling well but you need to get things right for all bunnies. If they fight, its not fair for either... There will be a bunny out there, and Olly will find a new home

all the best
Fee xx

Thanks everyone for your kind words, it is killing me knowing he will have to leave us soon, he's such a gorgeous, friendly, happy bunny, he deserves only the best which we obviously can't provide right now. It was all going so well I just knew it was too good to be true, if anything worse happened I'd never forgive myself. Although he's not badly injured I feel I should point out that Olly went to the vets first thing this morning, he's been given some antibiotics just incase and seems just as fine as ever.

Back