• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

" I want to dispose of my rabbit because it eats vegetables"!! pics p17

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Sometimes I find it hard to imagine what goes through the heads of some people.........

A neighbour called to me In a bit of a panic this morning. His friend had told him he was fed up of the rabbit eating his vegetables. He is a gardener and rabbit keeps escaping from its hutch and eating his veg so was going to dispose of it.

Of course we said we would help. So about an hour or so later Roger is safely in our spare 6ft hutch. He was only escaping as his own hutch was disintegrating.

He amazingly looks a very healthy boy easy to pick up and very beautiful. Can't believe that someone would even consider hurting him. Especially for something that was actually the owners fault.

Last edited:
:shock: speechless!

Thank goodness he's safe with you now. Sounds like his former "owner" was a bit of a plonker....

I say 'Poor Little love, how lucky they were to find you' a heck of a lot on this forum. But I'm saying it again now.

Don't worry Roger, your new Mummy and Daddy don't mind if you eat the veg, they'll give you nommy hay and a nice dry hutch too!

:wave:

What an idiot! It's like, how about you just secure the hutch so he doesn't escape?! Some people :roll:

But yeah it sounds like a good thing because the owner clearly didn't care much for him.

Just when you think youve heard it all.

A school mum bought 2 pet shop rabbits, one of each, was keeping them separate till they were both neutered, sound fine in principle but she lets them have 'playtime' together, but when he humps her he only does it for a minute.

Needless to say she now has a litter of babies! The male was very quickly neutered!

Well that is a new one on me. I've never heard that excuse before but i have heard of quite a few eejit owners who get an animal they are not willing to take responsibility for :roll:

Daft owner, doesn't know how lucky he was, I wish the only thing my bunny ate was vegetables :lol: It ridiculous some of the excuses people give!

Poor Roger. He was just doing what bunnies do ... glad he is safe with you now.

We take it as a compliment here if Spenser condescends to eat any of our garden vegetables! :lol:

Not great pics but here is beautiful Roger. can't believe anyone would consider " disposing" of this lovely lad :cry:

P1040779.jpg

P1040780.jpg

aww smoochy face!!

charlie says, ' arent vegetables grown for bunnehs anyways?:shock: they av no uther use in my onest opinions!!'

He's gorgeous:love:

Like Tasmin I wish my bunnies would eat veg instead of slowly nomming their way through my kitchen wooden cladding:(

Back