• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cant wait til thursday

sheps

Warren Scout
Getting lola on thursday from my friends house as she cant looki after her no more, let her settle in for a month and then she will be spayed then vaccinated and if shes not been wormed then get that done too , then hopefully be a happy housebun :)

aww yay excited for you :)

I hope it all works out ok and sending you lots of luck!

I know how excited I was when I was waiting to pick up Jasmine I could barely sleep!x

lola was dropped off last night at 9 o clock :/ apparently my friend is busy today and needed to drop her last night , got a text saying oh btw she has a gungey eye ( i was thinking oh great ), she got to my flat and then put her in her new cage and then told me that she hasnt been handled at all that much , so not only is she not use to people handling her she has a gunky eye . this morning attempted to clean it , i failed epically and i know its not even the first day but i felt like crying because she looked sad and i really want to clean her eye might have to try tommorrow.

Eye gunk/a soggy eye can be a sign of teeth troubles, have you got her booked into the vets soon? Not many rabbits are great with handling anyway, I have 2 rabbits who I handled from day one of having them, 2 years later and they won't stand for it at all. It's best to pick up rabbits only when you really have to tbh.

Oh the poor love!

I'd get her to the vet asap for a proper check-over and they can sort her eye out.

Do you have a bunny-savvy one?

I'm sure she'll learn to trust you soon. x

well i shall have to ask my mum as i dont drive to take me to the vet , its going to be fun putting her in a carrier

well i shall have to ask my mum as i dont drive to take me to the vet , its going to be fun putting her in a carrier

Good luck! My Eddie HATED being handled and getting him out of his run to go to the vet was...interesting (he was either in his hutch/run or free-ranging and would let himself out if we opened the door for him).

Just be gently firm with handling her.

x

if i put my hand in just to give her fresh she charges at my hand , she puts her ears back and puffs herself up , i was trying to handle her today but she just kept puffing up so i toom the top of the cage off and she free ran around the front room so i have no idea how im going to get her in the carrier :(

It's not even been a day so I wouldn't worry about it yet :wave:

I wouldn't try picking her up until she's got used to you and has settled properly, but even then I wouldn't pick her up. Rabbits are prey animals so prefer to keep all 4 paws on the ground, a rabbit that hasn't been handled much will probably never get used to it so it would never get any easier (said from experience!) She is in a very new and (what will be for her) scary setting and with not being spayed her hormones might be making her a bit territorial. What size cage is it? Cages aren't big enough on their own for rabbits, can you attach a puppy pen? That way you can sit in there with her. You can let her come to you, on her terms etc. :)

With mine I'm mean with the carrier and do it quickly to minimise stress, the longer you spend trying to get them in, the more scared and frustrated the rabbit will get. I either block them in a corner and wait for them to get in or usher them in.

Is she the rabbit in your siggy? If she is she looks adorable. Best of luck at the vets. None of mine like being picked up - they just about tolerate strokes... Give her time. Its very early days. Look at the indoor housing thread for inspiration, its fab. Enjoy your new rabbit :wave:

Back