• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Olly is eating fine today :o)

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I just want to cry :cry: I think he feels that Molly is taking over, and he watches her doing all the things he can't do, like jumping on the settee and going crazy, and he feels rubbish :( we've been making sure to give him loads of fuss so he doesn't feel left out, but tonight he is really down :( he isn't eating as much and he only came out of his pen once, I think he could just smell Molly everywhere so he went back in :( all of this was to make him happy again, but if it's making him worse, what's the point? I can't stand seeing him upset :cry:
And I'm so scared that he's got what Honey had, and there's absolutely no way of knowing :cry: :cry: :cry:
Please send vibes for him.

Last edited:
Poor Olly...:( i know what you mean - you just want him to be happy but feel that somehow its making things worse? How are the 2 buns getting along now together?

Really hope he cheers up soon! Sending some noserubs to Olly! :wave:

Olly isn't eating his pellets :( i think his gut is slowing down. He has had a few, and some plantain/clover mix. He doesn't drink enough, that doesn't help matters. If he hasn't improved after work we'll have to go to the vets
:( I'm so scared he's got what Honey had :cry:

What are his poos like ?

Has he developed dental problems as a result of his head tilt ?

His poos have gone really small and dry. He has some small spurs but they haven't caused him any problems. He really doesn't drink enough though. He had some metacam before i left and he had perked up a little. I left him a buffet to nibble. I hope my little man is ok :(

His poos have gone really small and dry. He has some small spurs but they haven't caused him any problems. He really doesn't drink enough though. He had some metacam before i left and he had perked up a little. I left him a buffet to nibble. I hope my little man is ok :(

I would get his teeth checked again as it may be that the spurs are now uncomfortable for him

Could you increase the Veg/grass in his diet to try to get more water into him ?

OH has just been home and olly doesn't want anything now :cry: I've just booked an appointment for tonight :cry: i can't bear to see him ill, he's been through so much :cry:
I am worried sick :cry:

Hopefully the Vet will be able to determine the cause of his problem and sort it out for him

My first guess would be teeth and/or ears

Sending more vibes for him xx

More vibes for Olly xxx

Hopefully the Vet will be able to determine the cause of his problem and sort it out for him

My first guess would be teeth and/or ears

Sending more vibes for him xx

Thank you. What worries me is the fact that if it is mucoid enteropathy like Honey, there is no test to confirm it. Therefore the vet is unlikely to treat for it and Olly won't get better :cry: just been researching and it doesn't:look good :(

So sorry Olly isn't well. Vibes for you both, really hope the vet finds something treatable and he improves.

Oh I am so sorry to read this and hope that he is just having an off day. It even harder when you have been what you have been through but try to stay calm and try not to worry until the vet has seen him, sending hugs x

Back