• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what do you use in your litter trays?

BunnyMomx2

Young Bun
So ive been using hay in their litter trays and change twice a day, im just wondering what everyone else uses, im sure ive read somewhere we could use wood based cat litter? (the wood pellets) is this true?

So ive been using hay in their litter trays and change twice a day, im just wondering what everyone else uses, im sure ive read somewhere we could use wood based cat litter? (the wood pellets) is this true?

i use some thing called bliss basic with a layer of straw to stop the kicking it out which i clean out every other day

bed001001.jpg

Yes, I use wood pellets :wave:

Newspaper and hay. Also newspaper, megazorb and hay for the indoor rabbits as they wee more. They all get changed daily. If you use the search bit there are loads of threads like this :)

yes i use a small amount of wood based cat litter pellets on bottom of litter tray topped wiht lots of hay then hay in hay rack ball

I was thinking of using the wood pellets ( we have them for our cat and they arent dusty and collect the wee really well... thanks all =)

I use megazorb and hay... still change it twice a day though as I am paranoid about smells..

I've used the wood pellets too but I prefer that paper pellets. Both absorb really great and don't smell - I'm fussy with smells. :)

I'm using Megazorb at the moment I got a huge bag for £10 but its not really good for my long haired bunny she's always covered in the stuff so once it's gone I'll be reverting back to the cat paper.

Back