• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pretty Little Cassie

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
Pretty little Cassie enjoying some time outdoors...

The box took a lot of investigating...

Before she realised what was inside!

She likes to sleep on the back of the sofa, for easy strokings...

The other sofa is mostly for binkies, but also for stretching out sometimes (and not for peeing on any more! Woohoo!)...

This is the little girl the previous owner described as 'aggressive' and 'looking sad all the time'. :shock: All she needed was spaying and space.

She's so gorgeous! It's such a shame that pet shops don't advise to spay. I had no idea before I came on here that spaying girls was as important as neutering boys, I just thought if u have a boy and girl u obv get the boy neutered but I had my 2 girls unspayed for 2 years, I think I was just lucky that they had a strong bond and weren't aggressive but when I adopted Heidi they had actually labelled her as aggressive, but she was a totally different rabbit as soon as she was spayed :thumb: it's a shame I didn't know this when I had my previous rabbit Poppy as I felt like I didn't have a bond with her because she was aggressive and I couldn't handle her, so I rehomed her to a friend. I so regret that now and feel so ashamed, I wish I had found RU earlier :cry:

She's so gorgeous! It's such a shame that pet shops don't advise to spay. I had no idea before I came on here that spaying girls was as important as neutering boys, I just thought if u have a boy and girl u obv get the boy neutered but I had my 2 girls unspayed for 2 years, I think I was just lucky that they had a strong bond and weren't aggressive but when I adopted Heidi they had actually labelled her as aggressive, but she was a totally different rabbit as soon as she was spayed :thumb: it's a shame I didn't know this when I had my previous rabbit Poppy as I felt like I didn't have a bond with her because she was aggressive and I couldn't handle her, so I rehomed her to a friend. I so regret that now and feel so ashamed, I wish I had found RU earlier :cry:

We can only do our best at the time. Hind sight is a wonderful thing.

I had my first rabbits from a rescue and was lucky that I also had a rabbit-savvy vet.

If not for the advice from both of these, I wouldn't have known about spaying girls either. Neither would I have been aware of just how important hay is.

(I'd have learned pretty quickly once I became a member here! :lol:)

Oh my god :shock: Cassie is just gorgeous, one of the most prettiest bunnies :love:

Those blue eyes are just so stunning.

She looks like she is 'at home' and settled with you Helen ;)

Yeah, I think it's going to be hard to say goodbye to Cassie, we have bonded :oops:

She's like a different bun to the one that arrived, scared and defensive, preparing to lunge and grunting whenever I went near her.

Now she runs over to the side of the pen for strokes whenever anyone walks past, will lie down and let me pick her up and runs over to strangers in the living room for attention.

If only the previous owner had listened to the advice in December instead of doing nothing for four months, they could have had a very special little friend in Cassie.

I had my first rabbits from a rescue and was lucky that I also had a rabbit-savvy vet.

If not for the advice from both of these, I wouldn't have known about spaying girls either. Neither would I have been aware of just how important hay is.

(I'd have learned pretty quickly once I became a member here! :lol:)

Pet shops should start directing potential new bunny owners to RU :lol: Would prob put a lot off tho, good for bunnies in the long term but the pet shops might not be so happy :roll:

Back