• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Aloe vera ?

diamondgirl

Warren Scout
Hione of my rabbits had to have a bit of a wash and they had to take some of the fur as he has got Arthritis and has been sitting in is own wee and has some skin burns from the wee . and has a bit of sores on his hocks my question is could i put aloe vera on them as it is natural, I have sudocream but would like to use aloe vera

I have used Aloe Vera Gel for cases of mild dermatitis. But if the skin is severely inflamed and/or infected additional treatment is likely to be needed

Have you consulted your Vet about the problem and is your Rabbit receiving treatment for his arthritis ?

Hi its me With Womble of Wokingham you replyed to my post the other day . they have given me metcam for him and they just put a barrier cream on him its not bad just a little sore but would like to protect him . as no hair on his tail and little red patches on his hocks and just skin showing on his leg that does not seam to be working . He is eating well, just cant move very well sort very little movement in back legs and out to one side. We have a aloe vera plant just thought it would be soothing for him on. and looks quite happy him is self.

Back