• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long should I wait before getting a new rabbit for my male, after the female died

clare22

Young Bun
Hi, I had a very loving bonded pair of Rabbits but sadly the female died this week. I definitely want to get him a new girlfriend, from a rescue,to keep him company,but how long should I wait. I would like to get one now but wondering if this is too soon (my male is neutered)

As long as he is neutered I think he would like a new friend ASAP.

As you are in Nottinghamshire Kirkby Pet Welfare has hundreds off buns looking for a new home, although if you get a female you will need to spey her yourself. Honeybunnies is Leicester s not too far, or BARC in Barnsley.

I live 5 mins away from Kirkby Pet Welfare which is where I got my two from in the first place. I`m glad you said get one straight away, I do feel sad for him but I thought it would be too soon, thankyou !!

I don`t waste anytime, got one !!!! She lost her mate a few weeks ago so hopefully they will both want some company...fingers crossed. Thankyou for replying

Back