• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding Recommendations for Newbury

SiDHEaD

Warren Scout
Hello,

We are going on our honeymoon in November for 2 weeks. We usually use a petsitter to do home visits twice a day when away for a weekend or something but I don't think this is appropriate for 2 weeks.

Our clan are house bunnies who are very pampered - so it will need to be heated accomodation in November for sure. Ideally close to Newbury don't want to travel too much and upset them.

Hoping someone can give personal recommendations as I'm currently just viewing a couple via their websites.

You're quite well equipped round that side of the m25! Helen (the duchess) on here has a set up for indoor boarding, she's in windlesham. My (outdoor) bunnies have all boarded there - I drive round from essex - and I'm really happy with the level of care, knowledge and observation. Also winnersh warren and the little warrens are also round your way-ish and are often highly praised, although I've not personally been and don't know what their housebunny provision is like. All lovely people who I have met though so no harm in pinging them an email to ask if they're not too far.

I wish I lived your side of the m25, so much bunny boarding choice :lol:

I'm looking for boarding around Newbury too at the moment - we've just moved and I'm going away in July. Normally friends would look after the buns, but, partly because we don't know anyone and partly because I haven't been away since I adopted Spice and she's a handful to say the least, I'm going to have to board them this time :S

Winnersh is looking good to me at the moment in terms of distance, although I haven't used them yet and I've just sent them a query about their provisions for housebuns.

thanks for the replies so far.

I've had a look at some of the suggestions and sent out some emails.

I might get a live-in sitter, have asked a couple of companies for quotes.

Winnersh are full and Little Warren don't seem to be answering phone messages - does anybody have any other recommendations in the area, or possibly down towards Swindon/Bristol way? Sorry for hijacking your thread - it just didn't seem necessary to start a new one: have you booked your buns in now? :)

Back