• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First harvest for the buns (and us)

Thumper98

Warren Scout
As always our first harvest of the season is radish - sowed in early April and now ready for the buns (they eat the tops) and us (we take the actual bulbs).

Part of our first batch

On the way:
- carrots (3 types)
- herbs: parsley, basil, mint (chocolate, orange and peppermint), chervil (the buns' favourite), dill, coriander
- swiss chard
- lettuce
- chamomile
- rocket
- cauliflower

Not for the buns:
- tomatoes
- sunflowers
- pot marigolds
- courgette
- onions
- chives

If anyone else is growing veg/herbs for your buns and yourselves (i have to admit, i dont even like the taste of parsley and dont eat mint all that often so its more for them than for me.. :roll:), i'd love to hear your stories, tips, suggestions, etc. :wave:

I have planted carrots , mixed salad herb selection, some other type of lettuce and some raddish also. Tried to plant some outside but they died. So just feeding the shoots to the bunny :D

Ooh well done:D I'm not greenfingered at all but my lawn is full of dandelions and I have access to plenty of sticky weed and brambles too :lol:

Ooh well done:D I'm not greenfingered at all but my lawn is full of dandelions and I have access to plenty of sticky weed and brambles too :lol:

last year i tried growing dandelions for the buns and thought it would be easy peasy (since its such a weed right?). I failed! I had 3 germinate that never quite thrived... :roll:

last year i tried growing dandelions for the buns and thought it would be easy peasy (since its such a weed right?). I failed! I had 3 germinate that never quite thrived... :roll:

Me too!! :lol: they r everywhere u don't want them but try and actively grow them... :lol: glad it's not just me :oops:

I'm growing turnips, carrots, parsley, thyme, rosemary, lavender, pak Choy, kale, violas, calundula, nasturtiums, pea shoots, mint apple and peppermint, fenugreek, French beans for the buns.

French beans, courgettes and potatoes for us.

I'm growing turnips, carrots, parsley, thyme, rosemary, lavender, pak Choy, kale, violas, calundula, nasturtiums, pea shoots, mint apple and peppermint, fenugreek, French beans for the buns.

French beans, courgettes and potatoes for us.

:thumb:

Can buns eat calendula (pot marigolds)? Im growing them too but not sure if buns can eat them?

And did you grow your fenugreek from seed or did you buy seedlings? I'd like to make some crunchies for the buns if possible with them... seeing as I live in Switzerland and can't get a hold of them in the shops!

Can buns eat calendula (pot marigolds)? Im growing them too but not sure if buns can eat them?

And did you grow your fenugreek from seed or did you buy seedlings? I'd like to make some crunchies for the buns if possible with them... seeing as I live in Switzerland and can't get a hold of them in the shops!

Yes they can eat calundula and I grew fenugreek from seed I got it from Rabbit Nutrition.

I bought some fenugreek seeds from pound world in a pack of 8 herbs for the buns and they grow like mad!

So I am quite green fingered then after all if I've got dandelion beds on my lawn then :lol::lol:luckily the buns love them and so does the bearded dragon!

Back