• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I would make a rubbish rescue!

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I don't know how rescues do it :? :(

Today Billy one of the ebay bunnies we rescued has left us to start his new life. He is going to the most amazing home with people we sort of know. He will be a house bunny in a huge house and have access to the garden. More than he could ever have here. We know he will be loved and cared for properly yet I cried like a Baby when Steve left with him this morning to take him to the hand over :oops: :oops:

Steve has just text to say Billy has been handed over safely and I cried again. So stupid as I don't want to keep Billy, I want him to have a new life in his new home, but its horrible letting him go :oops:

I could not go through that every week or two, give me sick bunnies any day of the week. I just could not be a rehoming rescue, it would kill me. I so admire rescues and the fosterers for being able to do it time and time again :love:

Billy is stopping off at Rspca Walsall on his way to his new home to hopefully bond with a lovely girl bunny. I am so nervous about it even though I'm not doing the bonding!!

Someone give me a slap and tell me to pull myself together :roll: :lol: :lol:

I can totally understand. When our lovely dog Jojo who was given to us had an unexpected litter of nine puppies I found it really really hard to let them go... All the new owners seemed really nice and caring, I just loved those little dogs so much. They all trusted me and used to line up for cuddles every day (well more like mill round my feet in a mass). :love::love:

Back